Im taking a guess at the cuts today

Thailog80

1 Zolman

2 Lawton

3 Simonton

4 Sape....sorry Indy

5 Prioleau

6 Dixon

7 Dorenbos......His final trick as a Bill will be to make himself disappear.

8 Esposito

9 Burns

10 Haddad...Sorry Cable

11 Ritzman (PS)

Now it gets a liitle tougher here.

12 Neufeld or Trafford. I think Neufelds experiance and time at FB will benefit him here. But if its Trafford he'll be on the PS. No way can we carry four TE's.

13/14 Sulky Sullivan or Pussywillow Pucillo. Depth is important I realize but these two aren't even decent depth. Flip a coin. Maybe both?

15. Freddie Smith? Fumbles in the last game couldn't have helped him.

I think Dorenbos stays and Freddie Smith gets cut. Also I think it's a toss-up between Shelton and Lawton, and maybe between McKenzie and Ritzmann. In each of those last 2, if the rookies don't make it, they go to the PS. I also think Neufeld makes it over Trafford, who goes to the PS, because there isn't much experience if you have Campbell, Euhus, and Trafford. And Sully is gone. At least the coaches like Puke's work ethic and when you have that, there is always the possibility of future success.

Hope Simonton stays he looks pretty good. Drew Hadad can be used on special teams.

Prioleau why cut him?

18780[/snapback]

Shaud Williams performance in the pre-season had to really impress the coaches. I would be shocked if Simonton made the 53 man roster over Williams.

I think Dorenbos stays and Freddie Smith gets cut.  Also I think it's a toss-up between Shelton and Lawton, and maybe between McKenzie and Ritzmann.  In each of those last 2, if the rookies don't make it, they go to the PS.  I also think Neufeld makes it over Trafford, who goes to the PS, because there isn't much experience if you have Campbell, Euhus, and Trafford.  And Sully is gone.  At least the coaches like Puke's work ethic and when you have that, there is always the possibility of future success.

18764[/snapback]

The Lawton/Shelton battle is interesting. Lawton has been praised for his willingness to block and there hasn't been a lot said about Shelton. Lawton looked great throwing a lead block on WM's TD in I believe the 3rd pre-season game. Considering how little teams use a FB now a days, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lawton kept over Shelton on potential alone. I think he is up to the task.

1 Zolman

2 Lawton

3 Simonton

4 Sape....sorry Indy

5 Prioleau

6 Dixon

8 Esposito

9 Burns

10 Haddad...Sorry Cable

11 Ritzman (PS)

12 Neufeld or Trafford. I think Neufelds experiance and time at FB will benefit him here. But if its Trafford he'll be on the PS. No way can we carry four TE's.

13/14  Sulky Sullivan or Pussywillow Pucillo. Depth is important I realize but these two aren't even decent depth. Flip a coin. Maybe both?

18760[/snapback]

You can't cut both Neufeld and Dorenbos, or there'd be nobody on the team to snap for punts. Teague can only snap on field goals and PATs.

1 Zolman

2 Lawton

3 Simonton

4 Sape....sorry Indy

5 Prioleau

6 Dixon

8 Esposito

9 Burns

10 Haddad...Sorry Cable

11 Ritzman (PS)

13/14  Sulky Sullivan or Pussywillow Pucillo. Depth is important I realize but these two aren't even decent depth. Flip a coin. Maybe both?

18760[/snapback]

My 15 are somewhat similar to yours:

1. Zolman

2. Lawton (PS)

3. Shaud Williams (PS) instead of Simonton

4. Sape (PS)

5. Baker (PS) instead of Prioleau

6. Dixon

7. Dorenbos

8. Esposito

9. Travis Brown instead of Burns

10. Haddad

11. Ritzmann (PS)

12. Trafford

13/14. McFarland (PS) and Greer (PS) instead of Pukecillo and Sullivan

15. Fumbling Freddie (PS)

My final roster has 1 K, 1 P, 3 QB, 3 RB, 2 FB, 5 WR, 3 TE, 10 OL, 10 DL, 7 LB, and 8 DB. I generally went with experience over rookie preseason standouts (keeping guys like Gildon and Prioleau over guys like Baker and Ritzmann). I don't think the Bills will waste a roster spot with 4 QB's. I also went a little heavy with linemen and a little light with the DB's; the reasoning is that Prioleau can play 5th CB, both Wire and Prioleau can back-up either safety positions, plus Baker and Greer can be slipped onto the practice squad while other players at the line positions probably can't (Sobieski, Pukecillo, Bannan, etc...)

I also doubt Baker survives being signed by the rest of the league to make it on the PS and Williams as well. I like Prioleau, but he costs a lot of salary to be as low as he is on the depth chart so I probably keep the cheaper Baker at CB and plan/hope for non-injury at safety this year because I know Vincentis headed to this position next year.

I also like Shaud Williams upside more than Simonton (and even Burns). I'm very upset if I have to go 3 deep at RB, but given the injury history of Henry and McGahee, I don't think I will but will not be shocked if I do. I like what I have seen from Williams as a potential threat to be a difference-maker. Burns is more than serviceable but i do not see a lot of potential in him to be a difference-maker.

I see Bannan as a potential surprise cut, because I think the braintrust have used Edwards more like they want him to suceed and he has in a back-up role though he is still not starter material in my book. Bannan showed well initially but he is not starter material either. Either way I see a big drop-off in talent from our starters Adams and Williams to the second string.

Thanks for your and Thailog's lists.

My 15 are somewhat similar to yours:

1. Zolman

2. Lawton (PS)

3. Shaud Williams (PS) instead of Simonton

4. Sape (PS)

5. Baker (PS) instead of Prioleau

6. Dixon

7. Dorenbos

8. Esposito

9. Travis Brown instead of Burns

10. Haddad

11. Ritzmann (PS)

12. Trafford

13/14. McFarland (PS) and Greer (PS) instead of Pukecillo and Sullivan

15. Fumbling Freddie (PS)

My final roster has 1 K, 1 P, 3 QB, 3 RB, 2 FB, 5 WR, 3 TE, 10 OL, 10 DL, 7 LB, and 8 DB. I generally went with experience over rookie preseason standouts (keeping guys like Gildon and Prioleau over guys like Baker and Ritzmann). I don't think the Bills will waste a roster spot with 4 QB's. I also went a little heavy with linemen and a little light with the DB's; the reasoning is that Prioleau can play 5th CB, both Wire and Prioleau can back-up either safety positions, plus Baker and Greer can be slipped onto the practice squad while other players at the line positions probably can't (Sobieski, Pukecillo, Bannan, etc...)

18944[/snapback]