TT - Top 10 QB accuracy

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17245910/nfl-10-most-accurate-quarterbacks-seattle-seahawks-russell-wilson-pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger

It is an ESPN insider article. For those who do not have insider, it ranks TT 10th behind in order from 1-9, Wilson, Rapelisberger, Bridgewater, Palmer, Cousins, Dalton, Brees, Ryan, and Rivers.

They state TT is the East coast version of Wilson.

Note no Rodgers, Brady, or Newton in this list. I would take all three of those over this top 10.

Another ESPN insider column has TT in tier 3, #26...seen that on ESPNs NFLive. Mike Sando the writer

An overall ranking for Tyrod means nothing to me. He's only played one year, so I think "wherever...whatever" in terms of rankings. He's not established. Same goes for other QBs in his position, like the rookies and other young guns.

He's a great dual-threat QB and good leader. He's a game-changer on his own. If he establishes consistency that leads to playoff performances, then he'll be ranked high. (Obviously)

I agree LeGOATski.

We've seen a number of "top 10" lists posted here, but none of them matter unless he puts up on the field.

He is a game-changer, a good leader and clearly a dual threat. The question is can he improve in the passing game which he'll have to do, and that's more than accuracy. As well, given his diminutive stature, it seems that it's only a matter of time before he takes a bad hit that puts him out. Might not be this season, could be next or whenever, but the best QBs are reliable and capable of playing most of the time, not out for extended periods throughout their careers. QBs like Favre, Manning, Brady come to mind who are rarely injured.

The question then becomes how will his game change if he doesn't have 100+ carries every season and learns to run selectively.

No matter how it's sliced, the best QBs in this game throw the ball well. After Watkins', whose status I wouldn't bet a cancelled stamp on, his receiving options are not good.

It's going to be an interesting season for him. Like everyone else, I hope he plays to the standard that justifies the contract that he wants.

I agree LeGOATski.

We've seen a number of "top 10" lists posted here, but none of them matter unless he puts up on the field.

He is a game-changer, a good leader and clearly a dual threat. The question is can he improve in the passing game which he'll have to do, and that's more than accuracy. As well, given his diminutive stature, it seems that it's only a matter of time before he takes a bad hit that puts him out. Might not be this season, could be next or whenever, but the best QBs are reliable and capable of playing most of the time, not out for extended periods throughout their careers. QBs like Favre, Manning, Brady come to mind who are rarely injured.

The question then becomes how will his game change if he doesn't have 100+ carries every season and learns to run selectively.

No matter how it's sliced, the best QBs in this game throw the ball well. After Watkins', whose status I wouldn't bet a cancelled stamp on, his receiving options are not good.

It's going to be an interesting season for him. Like everyone else, I hope he plays to the standard that justifies the contract that he wants.

He already throws well enough and he'll improve on the mental aspect of the game to a point. Like Roman said in his PC today, it's just a matter of bringing in more diverse packages as they develop Tyrod's awareness. If he can consistently put in a good performance with the expanded playbook, then he's worth the new contract. He doesn't need to be slinging it around the field every game like Brady and Rodgers, but when he needs to do that, success will come from Roman's ability to diversify the scheme, which flows through Tyrod.

I agree that durability and WR dependability are going to be question marks for him. At the same time, he can't be afraid to make those plays. He can't be hesitant. It's a delicate balance that he and Roman will keep working on.

It is just one metric to judge QB play and an attempt to improve upon simple completion percentage.

6 of the 12 QB's in the playoffs were not in the top 10, and only 1 of 4 Conference championship QB's - Palmer who single handedly lost the game for the Cardinals.

I think it fits what we saw last year. The ball seems to be placed in the right spot. TT throws a good deep ball. He increased the frequency of throws to the second and third option as the season went on. He threw more over the middle as he played more games.

He doesn't turn the ball over much. I thought he held the ball too long trying to make the big play down field. I would rather he take off, get 7-8 yards, and slide instead of holding the ball. A nice mix of aggressive play and conservative play to get positive yards. The more he runs for those short gains the more the linebackers and safeties have to respect that and react. That will only open up more crossing patterns and broken coverages as he moves around.