Jim Kelly consuls soccer star Lionel Messi

Jim Kelly shares some thoughts with Lionel Messi about losing big four times

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-kelly-shares-some-thoughts-with-lionel-messi-about-losing-big-four-times/

Jim Kelly, who quarterbacked the Bills to four consecutive Super Bowl losses in the early '90s, advised Messi to stop putting the weight of those four losses on his own back.
"The bottom line is, you go out there, you play your heart out," Kelly told ESPN. "You know you're one person on the team of a lot. Yeah, when you're the star, there's the old cliché, 'You get too much of the praise when you win, too much of the blame when you lose.' The thing is, for me, I knew that I had teammates. We all played together. We won as a team; we lost as a team.

Nobody knows what kind of pressure Messi deals with because there's never been a soccer player of his caliber, which enhances his pressure to win a World Cup. Messi not winning a title is like Dan Marino not winning a Super Bowl.

The writer never saw Marino play - he graduated in 2015 - so he never saw Marino whiff on blocks, so poorly do a fake he got RBs hammered or do a commercial during regular season because he was so stiff he got knocked out of season. A QB is a LOT more than throwing the ball.

I consider both John Elway and Jim Kelly better QBs than Dan Marino.

Edited by Koolaid

it's early and I'm still foggy from last night, but did this article just low key say that Dan Marino was a greater QB than Jim Kelly?

I think most unbiased football fans would agree Marino was a better pure passer than Kelly. That doesn't mean he was a better leader or teammate. They're both HOFers so it's splitting hairs either way.

And Jim ate Dan's lunch for the most part.

I think most unbiased football fans would agree Marino was a better pure passer than Kelly. That doesn't mean he was a better leader or teammate. They're both HOFers so it's splitting hairs either way.

And Jim ate Dan's lunch for the most part.

That is EXACTLY my point - a QB is not just passing.