Live combine coverage on the NFL Network

LabattBlue

For you draft junkies, the NFL Network will be adding live coverage of the combine this year.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/scouting_combine_2005

PS Adelphia...why do I have to watch endless reruns on Empire?  Why not just switch to the NFL Network ASAP?

247600[/snapback]

I wish that the NFL would just put a "Pre-season Ticket" out there for $25.00 or whatever. Makes since to me?

Jeff

For you draft junkies, the NFL Network will be adding live coverage of the combine this year.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/scouting_combine_2005

PS Adelphia...why do I have to watch endless reruns on Empire?  Why not just switch to the NFL Network ASAP?

247600[/snapback]

i hope it's better this year. they had it last year and it SUCKED.

I wish that the NFL would just put a "Pre-season Ticket" out there for $25.00 or whatever. Makes since to me?

Jeff

247626[/snapback]

Last year, they showed each of the preseason games, though many (if not all, I can't recall) were tape delayed. Suits me fine for preseason, and it might even be better - you can watch the game knowing what to look for.

Jeff

247626[/snapback]

NFL Network aired all of the preseason games last year, and a few were even broadcast live every week (the Bills/Broncos was one of them).

CW

Hey Bytor...why did it suck? I was kinda looking forward to watching it this year.

247746[/snapback]

I didn't see any of it myself, but everything I've heard indicates that their coverage did indeed suck. As I understand it, they covered very little of the combine itself, but instead focused on interviews and stories on players. I suspect that most people would have rather skipped that and focused on the actual combine performances.

I didn't see any of it myself,  but everything I've heard indicates that their coverage did indeed suck.  As I understand it,  they covered very little of the combine itself,  but instead focused on interviews and stories on players.  I suspect that most people would have rather skipped that and focused on the actual combine performances.

247770[/snapback]

If that's the case, then yeah...that would suck. I'm not a guy who follows college ball, but I do follow the draftniks prognastications for the Bill's draft pick. It'd be great to put a combine performance with a name I'd never heard before. Sitting around interviewing people? Leave that to Oprah.

If that's the case, then yeah...that would suck. I'm not a guy who follows college ball, but I do follow the draftniks prognastications for the Bill's draft pick. It'd be great to put a combine performance with a name I'd never heard before. Sitting around interviewing people? Leave that to Oprah.

247776[/snapback]

Brandon's right. But the interviews sucked too. they were of NFL front office guys who said basically nothing. so why interview them? They had this Mike Mayock guy on and he really didn't come off too well. He is like NFL Network's Mel Kiper Jr.

Or that's what they want him to be.

I would want to see the combine events themselves. Kinda like a competition.

Instead, they'd talk about a specific lineman that stood out the day before, and they would show him doing an agility drill. Just cheap footage like that.

They did show Jim McNally arriving to his seat with a bunch of donuts and coffee though. That was a real treat.................NOT

i hope it's better this year. they had it last year and it SUCKED.

247698[/snapback]

It sounds like they will be showing more of the workouts and less of talking heads.....

NFL Network will air two hours daily of live workouts from Saturday through Tuesday, featuring future NFL players participating in numerous position drills, including the famed 40-yard-dash. The live afternoon Scouting Combine workouts will re-air on NFL Network each night from 8 p.m. ET/PT to 10 p.m. ET/PT.