Doctor's remove baby's 2nd head

stevestojan

"The head that was removed from Manar had been capable of smiling and blinking but not independent life, doctors said."

Whoa.  That is messed up.  They keep referring to the second head as "The Parasite".  At least they didn't give it a name.

247455[/snapback]

They say two heads are better than one. What they don't tell you, is the second one gets sawed off in a 10 hour operation and tossed in a biohazard bin.

Anyone remember the south park epiode on something similar to this?

247527[/snapback]

That was a really funny episode.

I wonder what they do with the extra head - maybe they could keep it alive in a cookie sheet like in the movie 'The Brain That Wouldn't Die'. :(

I tppk a philosophy class in college which was the most interesting class I took in school for about 3 weeks. It was called The Philosophy of Indentity and basically asked the question where the identuty is housed in a body. Are you you because of what's in your brain and thus are you not you if you go into a coma or less of a person if you are mentally challenged.

Are poets right when thet talk about listening to your heart instead of your head. Does the body have nothing to do with this at all and identity is found in your soul and if so what is necessary to have a soul?

In the third week we started an exploration of what if there was a hypothetcal transporter device and it could recreate your DNA and entire body at another point on this planet or some distant planet but had to destroy your current body to do this. Even if your new body had every single memory up to the transition and you felt like you was it the same person (with all the rights to property, inheritance, etc. the the original body had)?

Even more strange what if the first body was not destroyed at all. Which one is you?

Needless to say this mental trip was quite interesting and stimulating but got pretty tedious after about a month even with mind-altering substances.

The "parasite" sounds a lot like what I could see of Terry Schivo. She seemed to smile and respond but its pretty clear that medical science and her husband do not judge her to be alive at all.

This head could smile and respond or interact somewhat with outside stimuli. Did they murder this head by chopping it off?

I think a post above is correct, good thing they did not give ths head a name or Larry King and the Fox Network would have a field day.

FFS, are you saying that you've used substances that make you thought provoking and long winded?  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOSE!

247737[/snapback]

Hey the President used mind-altering substances in his youth so I should get a free pass for doing this myself. Kids don't go down this road. I can testify it leads to long-winded (typed) posts and our Commander in Chief will tell you it also can lead to miscalculations about WMD and hiding behind the troops who are sacrificing and dying for you and me.