Positive Verizon Wireless Customer Service

I just called them because i have been going through data and costing myself extra money each month. Called to inquire about adding more data....they immediately saw i was on an older plan and bumped me to 12GB(4 lines) at the same price as I had been paying...also made it retroactive to the beginning of current month, so damage has been diminished...then the guy asks if i am a fios customer, i respond that I am, he then doubles my data at no extra charge...i was ready to spend more money for a bump in my data plan, turns out with minimal requests on my part, i walk away with 14 extra gigs of data and not paying one penny more.....

to often we only hear bad customer service stories(especially with wireless and cable customers), this was the exact opposite. carry on!

Edited by The Poojer

It's because of the strike.

Verizon has pulled employees in from all over the place to their call centers to work 12 hour days, and Verizon has basically told them to just give customers whatever they want in order to keep the calls shorter so that they can keep up with them all.

Also, since a lot of the scabs were pulled down from higher positions, they are generally better employees than the ones usually found in call centers, in that they totally grasp the concept of customer service.

Edited by sodbuster

grandfathered unlimited data say what?

wut?!

i use 9-10 gig a month by myself using my own hotspot (for free thanks to foxfi) and leaving data wide open 24/7. hell, once in a while i download a movie there, too.

i've honestly never had a bad experience with verizon, i guess i am one of the lucky ones

Interesting. Explains Poojer's super unique, once-in-a-lifetime positive experience with the otherwise horrendous customer service people at Verizon.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to dig this thread up for a little story. My brother called me today. He's one of the corporate workers Verizon sent out to scab during the strike. He had an old lady call into his call center today. She was paying $350 for a massive four line package, when she is the only one on the plan and uses ten minutes of calling and no data or SMS a month. She has paid about seven thousand dollars more than she should have over the length of her last contract.

Some people are just real Cheneys.