BREAKING NEWS: NHL PLAYS

JoeF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me if I don't get excited.  Has anything happened to benefit the Sabres?

a) The cap will be 15 million more than what the Sabres are currently spending. 

b) With payroll being the same, I doubt ticket prices will change.

c) They haven't addressed the problem with the game itself.

The only thing i see accomplished, is this will stop teams like New York and Detroit from outbidding smaller markets.

245857[/snapback]

Are you kidding me???

The cap will be $15 million more than the Sabres are spending? YES! That is a GOOD thing.

Last year, Detroit and the Rangers spent over $77 million EACH.

The sabres spent $33 Million.

Your post makes no sence. If anything, the cap brings us much closer to "even" than this overpaying that has been going on.

I just switched on Sportscenter, and it seems like a deal will indeed be made tomorrow.

Anyone saying "f--- you", or "this is gonna suck anyway", etc, etc, etc..., FINE... don't watch!

I for one am PSYCHED that there may still be hockey.

EVERY year fans complain that the season is too long. Well, maybe we can see a 28 game season, some exciting playoffs, and the Stanley cup awarded.

If you wanna stay pissed off, fine. I know if a deal is made, I, for one, will be calling DirecTV tomorrow to find out how I can get as many Sabres games as possible piped down here to south florida!

GO SABRES!!!!

245848[/snapback]

On soccer we completely disagree, but I'm with you 100% on this one.

As Sabres fans, we want a deal to get done for this season. Why, because our team is more prepared to play than any other team in the league. We have everyone signed but Zhitnik. Other teams have 12-15 guys signed! Plus our Rochester boys are kicking ass.

My girl said that she'd be pissed if we won the Cup this year because there would be an astreiks next to it. After I dreamt about slapping her silly, I told her it would make up for the 99 astreiks on that cup!

Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!! Go NHL-NHLPA Deal!

Are you kidding me???

The cap will be $15 million more than the Sabres are spending? YES! That is a GOOD thing.

Last year, Detroit and the Rangers spent over $77 million EACH.

The sabres spent $33 Million.

Your post makes no sence. If anything, the cap brings us much closer to "even" than this overpaying that has been going on.

246058[/snapback]

That works if we are talking about a hard cap. However, it sounds like they leaning towards a cap like MLB has. A team with a $77 million payroll can most likely pay a penalty tax for going over.

That works if we are talking about a hard cap.  However, it sounds like they leaning towards a cap like MLB has.  A team with a $77 million payroll can most likely pay a penalty tax for going over.

246117[/snapback]

Which, in turn could slightly help the other teams.

Listen, I think the "smart" thing is a hard cap too.

But let's talk baby steps here.

It will be much harder to go from no cap to hard cap that from no cap to a cap that includes penalties for going over.

Ok - if this get's done there will be 28 regular season games. Will the schedule be as if the hockey season was just starting or will it be some altered schedule? With only 28 games - how many you play on the road and who you are playing is going to make a HUGE difference.

If hockey's on, we are 100% going to the playoffs.

DirecTV better offer a damn discount.

Ok - if this get's done there will be 28 regular season games.  Will the schedule be as if the hockey season was just starting or will it be some altered schedule?  With only 28 games - how many you play on the road and who you are playing is going to make a HUGE difference.

If hockey's on, we are 100% going to the playoffs.

DirecTV better offer a damn discount.

246120[/snapback]

I think it would be a home-and-home with everyone in your conference.

And if DTV doesn't offer a discount, i will still, like a moron, pay for it - but i couldnt see them charging more than they used to for the "half season" package. The NHL might find it advantageous to pay for it for everyone. A sort of "we're sorry" idea, and maybe get mroe fans into it.