This offseason...Whaley's last move to get over the hump

Billsfed

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug has a dream job this spring/summer. Think of all the options and potential moves this man can make

I think somewhere in there...you'll see a surprise move, not so much in the way of a releasing but more in somebody willing to take a big cut to stay on the Bills.

Over the years Whaley has transformed this team into an up-and-comer. Now you have owners who treat the players very well and that word spreads quickly.

Doug has a good image and vibe to fall back on. Remember the days when nobody wanted to come here?? I'm willing to bet if Mario doesn't take a serious reduction in pay there will be 5 or 6 capable vets waiting at the door.

I still to this day can't get over folks who were hurt over the fred jackson thing. The guy was 34 years old...didn't contribute in any significant way to the team he went to and that's now a position of strength for the Bills.

The man knows what he's doing. Others like spiller, kiko and byrd were also excellent moves in terms of letting them go with their inflated salaries.

This offseason has to be the final touch in getting this team over the hump and back into the playoffs. And not just for a year or two, but many years. He's built up a nice core, I'm really hoping he just resigns the current talent that deserves it and makes a few moves in the draft to acquire more picks and further build the talent pool.

There will likely be two big name additions in FA as well

we shall see. whaley has an owner willing to act. that is the big difference... RIP Ralph, but he held the franchise back on the field for 10 + years. Its all good .. off they go. a real NFL franchise... I like it all . I'd take the roster we have now and go back out and win 10 + next year. so not too many puts and takes please... WR, LB, etc. sign our guys and lets go win some games next year... this year was preseason

If they can sign back all the players they want. Glenn, Richie of course

if i could add one solid free agent it would be snacks Harrison

give me some dust settlers like DeVito and some kind of Veteran safety help

I can draft an edge guy and a wide out

you can't have everything

this.. they don't need much.. draft well again: WR, edge rusher. get Wynn and Carrington back, sign the FAs. cut Mario and McFumble to get the $$$. move forward with the same QB and coaches.. wow, what a novel concept! .... whens the last time THAT happened... wow.. go bills..

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore