In the end, our expectations may have been too great.

If you want to put things in perspective in this season and looking toward the future consider the caliber of coaching for the teams participating in the playoffs and compare it to how our HC ranks with them. Belichick, Tomlin, McCarthy, Arians, Carroll, Reid, O'Brien, Rivera, Lewis, Gruden etc. There is not one HC participating in the playoffs who any fair-minded person would judge to be a lesser HC than the one working in western NY. That is what our organization is competing against. And that is why I am troubled about our prospects in the future.

Lewis - Now 0-7 and possibly might get fired.

O'Brien - team annihilated in the playoffs. Now 0-1 in playoffs as HC.

Rex Ryan has still accomplished more than either of those two.

Our future looks pretty good.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis - Now 0-7 and possibly might get fired.

O'Brien - team annihilated in the playoffs. Now 0-1 in playoffs as HC.

Rex Ryan has still accomplished more than either of those two.

Our future looks pretty good.

I guess you would rather not make the playoffs so you wouldn't lose in the playoffs? Odd logic. I say with no equivocation that I would rather have Lewis or O'Brien as a HC over the blustering Rex. I prefer a mature HC who gets his team into the playoffs over an immature HC who doesn't get his playoff caliber of team into the playoffs.

If you believe that Rex is a quality coach that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion. On this issue you and I are riding different choo choo trains that will never arrive at the same destination.

This is actually a very interesting point. Rex has a reputation as a "players coach", that players try to walk through walls for him because he builds this relationship that they don't want to let him down

I wonder if it works better for lesser players than for established stars. Maybe the Bills D finally looked as though they had their act together and were clicking and going hard, BECAUSE so many starters were injured and backups, who were more under the "Rex Effect" spell, were playing?

Just a thought.

Could they just have looked better because they were up against lousey QBs? Edited by over 20 years of fanhood