WSJ: Management Secrets of the NFL's best franchises

YoloinOhio

If you take away the teams that had elite QBs and see what teams have thrived most years under multiple coaches, you really only get a few:

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Giants

Obviously other teams have been good, but not under multiple coaches and without truly elite QBs. You could argue if you wanted to that the Giants and Steelers don't belong on the list above because of Eli and Ben. Personally, I think too much protection/marketing runs the the QB and the league has grabbed on to its darling money trains over the past 15-20 years and modified the game to accommodate that.

In baseball the teams that have consistently succeeded over time have done it with money....with one exception.....the greatest team in sports the St. Louis Cardinals. I have to say I like the current trend which seems to be smaller teams like Houston, Pittsburgh, and of course KC figuring out how to make it work without a Dodgers budget. I wish football wouldn't skew to the money so much and would just let them play.

I don't understand your comment. The above listed teams have franchise QB's, continuity of coaching and mgmt, and playoff caliber defenses.