Some fun predictions from the past.

FireChan

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/175338-reported-schwartz-will-be-leaving-the-bills/

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174796-head-coach-candidate-jim-schwartz/

Some highlights:

Perfectly fine with that.

Rex Ryan >>>>>> Jim Schwartz

I'm fine with Schwartz gone. The defense was great but hell a drunk monkey could make that defense look good. I like that Rex is brining in his guy. Less time to "get acquainted" and Rex and Schwartz would have bumped heads... A lot.

Continuity with the D is nice but it'd have to be an AWFUL coach to ruin them. It's all about finding someone that has a plan at qb - you better believe JS has been chasing an offensive coordinator hard the last day or two

Don't be silly. Rex is far better.

If true, this is my worst nightmare coming true. The Rex hire has put this team into full rebuild mode, which is NOT what this team needed. The Rex hire is tearing the team apart, IMO. I just have to hope it won't end up in a disaster. - Shout out to The Dean for this one, good call.

Tearing the team apart? Melodramatic much?

I'm in the here we go again camp. a coach who refuses to use rhe players and their strengths. A 4-3 is well suited for our front four. I am so suck of egomaniacs sticking square pegs into round holes. The D takes a step back and bye bye to Jerry Hughes....

I'll be sick if Schwartz leaves. He is the one that deserved the chance at the Bills head coaching job, and not the guy who just went 4-12.

Our D will probably be better next year. Not worried.

The Bills lose the HC that took them to 9-7* mostly because of the #3 defense. Then just hired a coach that went 4-12 and gave him a million and a half dollar raise, and with a 5 year contract no less. Only in Buffalo...

So like 80% of you honestly believe that Rex Ryan is going to come here and the defense is somehow going to regress?

Do you people actually watch football?

The defense will be FINE. Settle down folks!

What in the world has you thinking about Wanny in relation to Rex Ryan

This is really a funny post. Funny as in interesting.

I've posted quotes of past predictions before with screen names and the very people who posted their ridiculous predictions or thoughts refuse to acknowledge them. Just like politicians, they try to hide from their past.

Go back to the days after the Rex Ryan hiring and read the posts. Hilarious how the masses were duped by Ryan and his stream of BS. Many of those people are still defending Ryan today. Yikes! Even with hindsight they still can't admit it was them who wrote those very comments.

Go back and read them to see for yourself.

Take a look at the season predictions posts. Also hilarious. 12-4 or 11-5 predictions were commonplace. The Bills were going to dethrone the Patriots. Go back and read them for yourself. Some of the posters have over 10,000 or 20,000 or more posts and it shouldn't be hard to find them. Why do they never confess how wrong they were?

Go back to the post that asked how much better the defense was going to be under Ryan vs. Schwartz. The majority said the defense was going to dominate the league under Ryan. What happened to those posters? Did they disappear?

I understand human nature enough to realize that admitting mistakes is hard to do. If you go back and read the posts from August and September you might see how mass hysteria can cloud your judgment.

In hindsight, the blind baseless optimism that followed the hiring of Rex Ryan was unfounded in logic or history. It is very informative to read those old posts. It helps you to spot the differences between emotional overreactions and rational analysis. Unfortunately, in a forum like this, emotions dominate reason.

To think when we considered Marrone, we could have had Arians. He was passed over by several teams. He has been by far my favorite coach for quite some time and glad for AZ, but sucks we couldn't pick out real talent. Chicago and other teams passed on him. At that point, he made the steelers offense a success, turned around a disaster with Pagano and his cancer bout, and was coach of the year. We chose an insecure guy who can't take a press conference to then take a blowhard who talks a good game, but doesn't deliver.

We would ahve had Bowles as our DC, and Arains running the offense. UGGHH!

This is really a funny post. Funny as in interesting.

I've posted quotes of past predictions before with screen names and the very people who posted their ridiculous predictions or thoughts refuse to acknowledge them. Just like politicians, they try to hide from their past.

Go back to the days after the Rex Ryan hiring and read the posts. Hilarious how the masses were duped by Ryan and his stream of BS. Many of those people are still defending Ryan today. Yikes! Even with hindsight they still can't admit it was them who wrote those very comments.

Go back and read them to see for yourself.

Take a look at the season predictions posts. Also hilarious. 12-4 or 11-5 predictions were commonplace. The Bills were going to dethrone the Patriots. Go back and read them for yourself. Some of the posters have over 10,000 or 20,000 or more posts and it shouldn't be hard to find them. Why do they never confess how wrong they were?

Go back to the post that asked how much better the defense was going to be under Ryan vs. Schwartz. The majority said the defense was going to dominate the league under Ryan. What happened to those posters? Did they disappear?

I understand human nature enough to realize that admitting mistakes is hard to do. If you go back and read the posts from August and September you might see how mass hysteria can cloud your judgment.

In hindsight, the blind baseless optimism that followed the hiring of Rex Ryan was unfounded in logic or history. It is very informative to read those old posts. It helps you to spot the differences between emotional overreactions and rational analysis. Unfortunately, in a forum like this, emotions dominate reason.

You will find them defending Ryan in tacit ways....

I specifically remember arguing how Grantland's best case scenario of 10-6 was not an insult to the Bills. Numerous posters had us going 11-5 or 12-4 - which seems ludicrous to me considering how hard it is for any franchise to win 11 or 12 games even when they have a pro bowl QB on the roster.

I specifically wanted Schwartz to stay and be promoted to HC.

However, when Rex was hired I did not envision the defense being this average (especially bc of the talent already here). Sad how things have worked out.