POLL: Fire Rex and/or Whaley?

dtgolder

Should we fire Rex and Whaley?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Pegulas release Rex and/or Whaley?

• Fire Rex now; keep Whaley
    • Fire Whaley now; keep Rex
    • Fire both Rex and Whaley
    • Keep both Rex and Whaley

was not on board with the Ryan hiring, then really fell off the wagon with the firing of Schwartz. Whaley has done very well at finding late round talent, if they had hired a competent head coach and the defense remained in tact from a year ago, this team would literally be in the playoffs, instead of the blow-hard Bs we were fed before the season.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Rex and Whaley stay, but certain people have to go. I have been saying this for the last month or so that Garrison Sanborn is screwing our kicking units up a bit as his snap accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. Our coverage teams and return teams have been suspect all season as well. Offensively, I think the biggest changes needed are at RT and either development of Miller or a better RG. On D, I am not sure what Rex has in mind for the D, but I believe that we need to draft a replacement for Kyle, and if Mario goes, him as well. That said, our LB and S positions have been god awful most of the season. We need better there.

All I'm going to say is that if Whaley is indeed fired or decides to leave, the Bills might as well fire Rex as well, no new GM will want any part of Rex after that fiasco with the Jets with Idzik. So most likely both are staying in 2016 when the team tanks into the oblivion, then who knows at that point.

Besides Manny Lawson, the Bills LB corp is just plain awful. Brown was just rated the worst LB in the league and Bradham / Tarpley are worse.

Darby and Robey are lightweight DBs who simply cannot cover Tight Ends, much less tackle them. Robey is 5'-8" for crying out loud.

In a TE happy division this is a glaring weakness that can be matchup exploited all day long.

So the Bills have a defense with crappy Linebackers and DBs that can't matchup to TEs. Basically we are screwed.

Add in the first round QB bust plus the steep price for Watkins and Whaley gets a failing grade.

The team is ill equipped personnel wise to compete within our division.

This is a fundamental failure- make it an F.

Edited by jethro_tull