need a good idea for secret santa office gift...$30-ish

The Poojer

we do a dirty santa. this was my first year with the company so i was conservative. a gift card.

next year i am planning on doing much better. a jar of relish, a diseny princess catalog and a bass pro gift card taped to it in a box with a brick duct taped to the bottom.

dirty santa gift exchanges are the way to go. for those who do not know how to do it...

• everyone buys a gift with a budget base. ours was $25. All gifts had to be over $25.
  • everyone draws a number and you start with the first person picking a gift and opening it
  • the next person has the option to pick a gift from the stack of gifts or steal the first persons
  • the next person has an option to pick a gift from the stack or steal either of the first two peoples gift
  • the next person has an option to pick a gift from the stack or steal anyone elses gifts...
  • ...this continues. if you're the 5th person and you decide to steal the 3rd persons gift the 3rd person can steal someone elses or draw a new gift. if they steal someone elses that person can then steal someone elses or draw a new gift...
  • if your gift is stolen you cannot steal your gift back until someone else has drawn a new gift from the stack of new gifts - aka a round
  • when you have possessed a gift more than 3 times the gift is yours and it cannot be stolen anymore.
  • when the last gift is chosen from the pile you are locked in with what you got.

the first people usually get screwed if it is a bad gift, as they never have anyone to steal their gift and thus cannot steal anyone else's. the best place to be is in the middle of the pack. The last people some times have the best gifts locked so that they cannot be stolen. Bottles of wine and gift cards are the way to go here.

I ended up with $50 of lottery cards, stealing them 2 times in order to win something because you usually win something worth something with the high priced scratch offs. It was between that and a bottle of Jack and Swimsuit Calendar.

Edited by Boyst62

we do a dirty santa. this was my first year with the company so i was conservative. a gift card.

next year i am planning on doing much better. a jar of relish, a diseny princess catalog and a bass pro gift card taped to it in a box with a brick duct taped to the bottom.

dirty santa gift exchanges are the way to go. for those who do not know how to do it...

• everyone buys a gift with a budget base. ours was $25. All gifts had to be over $25.
  • everyone draws a number and you start with the first person picking a gift and opening it
  • the next person has the option to pick a gift from the stack of gifts or steal the first persons
  • the next person has an option to pick a gift from the stack or steal either of the first two peoples gift
  • the next person has an option to pick a gift from the stack or steal anyone elses gifts...
  • ...this continues. if you're the 5th person and you decide to steal the 3rd persons gift the 3rd person can steal someone elses or draw a new gift. if they steal someone elses that person can then steal someone elses or draw a new gift...
  • if your gift is stolen you cannot steal your gift back until someone else has drawn a new gift from the stack of new gifts - aka a round
  • when you have possessed a gift more than 3 times the gift is yours and it cannot be stolen anymore.
  • when the last gift is chosen from the pile you are locked in with what you got.

the first people usually get screwed if it is a bad gift, as they never have anyone to steal their gift and thus cannot steal anyone else's. the best place to be is in the middle of the pack. The last people some times have the best gifts locked so that they cannot be stolen. Bottles of wine and gift cards are the way to go here.

I ended up with $50 of lottery cards, stealing them 2 times in order to win something because you usually win something worth something with the high priced scratch offs. It was between that and a bottle of Jack and Swimsuit Calendar.

Friends of ours host an XMAS party with this theme each year -- lots of fun.

2 big bottles of Christmas related beers, Stone Enjoy By 12/25/15 & Hardywood Gingerbread Stout, & a 4 pack of A Christmas Story pint glasses. I got an electric griddle

Excellent. We took 2 of those black box wines..a red and white.

We came home with a bottle of cinnamon flavored vodka and a travel case of slippers...sleep mask ..pillow to use on the airplane.