Help with Patriots* Theory

section122

I have been paying attention to a trend I noticed and need help figuring out how to really dive into it. I have seen the last 3 Patriots* games and an opposing starting lineman has left the game for the rest of the game in each of them. Against the Dolphins Juwaun James was knocked out, against the Giants Weston Richburg was knocked out, and last night Jon Miller was knocked out. Add in during week 2 Seantrel was taken out for concussion protocol and I am at 4 games where the Pats* have benefited from an opposing o-line getting shook up.

However I can't find in game injury reports. I would like to try and look at each game to see if it is just a weird coincidence or if it has happened in more games. I have tried googling it but can only come up with injury reports. Can anyone help with injuries that occur during the games?

I think there are many other pats* conspiracies to stress over than this.

However I did notice multiple high vicious hits around the head and neck area. Pretty sure I even saw a clothes line in there...

Its just rough dirty play. No different than the crap wilfork, spikes, Harrison etc have been pulling and getting away with the past 15 years

I think there are many other pats* conspiracies to stress over than this.

However I did notice multiple high vicious hits around the head and neck area. Pretty sure I even saw a clothes line in there...

Its just rough dirty play. No different than the crap wilfork, spikes, Harrison etc have been pulling and getting away with the past 15 years

and a ref threw the flag on one realized that it was against the cheats so had O pick it up

I don't think the Patriots are intentionally injuring linemen. Honestly, do you think it'd have been Jon Miller they went after if they were? I have had a theory of my own for a few seasons though - and it might explain this. It's that some teams have have very high HGH (or possibly other PED) use, probably due to it being institutionalized at some level - coach, GM, owner. I first noticed something was going on with the Steelers. For several seasons I noticed a common theme in how their offensive lines were portrayed in the media. There was a lot of talk about how they "grew", "came together" or "were developed by the coaches" over the course of each season. There was really only one problem with that - they were largely the same players. How would development not carry over from season to season? Why would an OL improve over the course of one season, but then fall back to below average at the beginning of the next? Then repeat?

HGH use would sure explain it. It - and other PEDs - are not just used to bulk up or gain strength, they're used to speed recovery. A slightly below average player might get handled easily by an above average player early in the season, but toward the end of the season if that above average player is worn down and the below average one has recovered due to HGH use it might be a much different story.

But that is thin by itself. What else did I see or hear besides overachieving linemen? History for starters. In the 70s the Steelers pioneered steroid use - before it was illegal - and rode that in part to 4 Super Bowls. That was a long time ago, however. Anything more recent? The team doctor up until several years ago was nicknamed "The HGH Doctor" due to his public advocacy of its use and the use of other PEDs. Jason Worlids unexpectedly retired as he reached free agency. He rose from obscurity to become an excellent pass rusher and after his rookie deal and a one year franchise tag simply retired. The rumors? Positive HGH tests were going to result in suspension and drastically increased frequency for long term testing. Or he could quietly retire.

I could continue on the Steelers, but I'll move on and touch on some other teams. Seattle was rumored to have a slew of positive HGH tests coming into their Super Bowl winning season. Richard Seymour got off on a technicality. That defensive line looked an awful lot like the Steelers offensive line too. And they got better over the course of the season. Add in a coach in Pete Carol who is clearly comfortable cheating - and had to leave college (USC) for that - and I'm very suspicious.

San Francisco is another. Patrick Willis is rumored to have retired for the same reasons as Worlids. And that brings me to another event - increased HGH testing. The NFL ramped up testing somewhat, but they wouldn't have wanted a PR mess. The answer was to slap a lot of wrists and allow some of the worst offending players to retire quietly. Those retirements were oddly staggered as well.

So what about the Pats? Belichick is absolutely a coach who would do something like this. The OL and DL profiles fit. They certainly get a lot out of guys you wouldn't expect them to get a lot out of and they certainly shine brighter by the end the season - although they often look pretty good early on too. Incidentally I use the lines as a litmus test because it's the easiest for me to notice. What I haven't seen are suspensions or apparent retirements due to positive tests. Would it surprised me? Not at all. Are they encouraging HGH (or other PED) use? I'm not sure, but probably. There's not quite as much evidence as with some other teams though - teams they often meet in the playoffs I'd add.

I don't know where the HGH mess is headed or exactly what recent turns it took due to the increased testing, but it's just one more thing about the NFL that is wearing on me. (Wow, sorry for the book. Didn't intend for this to be so long.)

So what about the Pats? Belichick is absolutely a coach who would do something like this. The OL and DL profiles fit. They certainly get a lot out of guys you wouldn't expect them to get a lot out of and they certainly shine brighter by the end the season - although they often look pretty good early on too. Incidentally I use the lines as a litmus test because it's the easiest for me to notice. What I haven't seen are suspensions or apparent retirements due to positive tests. Would it surprised me? Not at all. Are they encouraging HGH (or other PED) use? I'm not sure, but probably. There's not quite as much evidence as with some other teams though - teams they often meet in the playoffs I'd add.

I don't know where the HGH mess is headed or exactly what recent turns it took due to the increased testing, but it's just one more thing about the NFL that is wearing on me. (Wow, sorry for the book. Didn't intend for this to be so long.)

I actually have though for a while that Boston is a hot bed for HGH. David Ortiz being the golden child result. His world series performance 2 years ago sent up hug red flags for me. He didn't have more than 20 hrs while playing for the Twins then goes to Boston and runs off seasons of 31,41,47,54. This also coincides with the Patriots rise. Which included players such as Rodney Harrison having it mailed to his house in his name!

Then again I am a Lakers, Yankees, and Bills fan so I hate all things Boston sports lol.

As for the original topic does anyone know a way to search such info? I get that it is a physical game. However it seems extremely convenient that they have benefited from this injury streak and I just want to see if there is more to it.