Seven things I learned from last night...

Rubes

can I repeat this?

It is not easy to win in the NFL

then ask this

So how is NE doing it?

When I worked for a defense contractor, this one guy used to say "Do you think the Russians do it this way?"

Speaking of which, saw a standup comedian recently comment that the US Space Program spent millions developing a pen that could write vertically and in zero gravity. The Russians? They just use a pencil.

Glenn looked very average to me last night. He is definitely not worth upper tier starting LT money. He blew his assignment on the called run by Tyrod and allowed an un-blocked Chandler Jones to blow it up for a loss. Then we had to hear Gruden gush over how amazing Jones is.

Didn't Amandola essentially replace Edelman's best games this season last night? He had 9 catches for 117 yards. He has 19 for nearly 200 yards the past 2 games.

They just plug in these tiny slot receivers (Amandola, Edelman, Welker) and get the same result.

Despite being an RB, you could probably throw Danny Woodhead in there too. While obviously not a 1,000+ yard receiver, he would always sneak in those clutch catches when you'd least expect it.

Edited by Bacchus44

Didn't Amandola essentially replace Edelman's best games this season last night? He had 9 catches for 117 yards. He has 19 for nearly 200 yards the past 2 games.

They just plug in these tiny slot receivers (Amandola, Edelman, Welker) and get the same result.

Don't forget Woodhead before them. Imagine what Hogan would do in that spot.