Steve McNair

taterhill

While I am in favor of the move to cut Drew, I am verrrrrry concerned that JP is not ready yet. Witht that being said, how do you feel about Steve McNair as a 1-2 year player....I know he is still with Tenny, but it might seem that Norm Chow would like to stick with a younger gunslinger in Billy Volek....Maybe they cut McNair, and he might be interested in a very good Bills team...Just a thought, as I am bored at work today....

I cannot see McNair, the league's co-MVP just a year ago, taking a backup role anywhere.

The way I'm seeing things the Bills are making it clear that Losman is the starter game one of this upcoming season.

IMHO, any further discussion of bringing in a QB like McNair is a waste of time.

I cannot see McNair, the league's co-MVP just a year ago, taking a backup role anywhere.

The way I'm seeing things the Bills are making it clear that Losman is the starter game one of this upcoming season.

IMHO, any further discussion of bringing in a QB like McNair is a waste of time.

241356[/snapback]

Agreed.

Yesterday on ESPN they had an update. McNair had sucessful abdominal surgery and with their (Titans) new O-co-ordinator, He's feeling excited about the new season. He had been contemplating retirement as the previous OC was a screaming a-hole, so the report said. Anyway, I doubt he'll be available.

241356[/snapback]

sort of like Kurt Warner? :D

Yesterday on ESPN they had an update. McNair had sucessful abdominal surgery and with their (Titans) new O-co-ordinator, He's feeling excited about the new season. He had been contemplating retirement as the previous OC was a screaming a-hole, so the report said. Anyway, I doubt he'll be available.

241360[/snapback]

I did not know that...oh well...back to Jeff Garcia or Jay Fiedler

sort of like Kurt Warner?  :D

241373[/snapback]

I don't see the connection. Warner was the starter game one of the season last year. I am confident he wouldn't have signed with the midgets if he knew he was going to sit onthe bench regardless of his play.

I don't see the connection. Warner was the starter game one of the season last year. I am confident he wouldn't have signed with the midgets if he knew he was going to sit onthe bench regardless of his play.

241382[/snapback]

I think Warner started nine games for Giants with a 5-4 record before they switched to Eli.

McNair is not going anywhere to be a back-up.  Get real.  Maybe Tom Brady will quit the Pats to come to the Bills--do you think?

241406[/snapback]

Who said anything about backup? I BILLieve that the post started with I'm scared of JP starting or something like that. Mc Nair would be a great mentor for JP because we could design a more mobile offense that would fit better than Drew the Goo had! And it would be a 2 yr max deal...If JP isn't ready by then he may never be.