Question for VA Bills

Coach Tuesday

Well, I answered the quetioned posed, based on the information provided from my source. The information as presented to me pissed me off, and while I honestly do not know if JP will work out or not, the reasoning that I was told to put him in position is not the way a football team should be run.

No problem.  I thought I had posted that about 2 weeks ago that the decision to let Bledsoe go was a done deal.  Ticket sales and general complaints from the fan base was the main reason.  That was part of my mantra for the last week and why I am pissed about the decision.  I have no problem with the decision if it was purely a football decision, but when decisions are based on ticket sales and letting "whiney fans" force football moves I get annoyed as hell.

241150[/snapback]

Were you one of those guys who thought TD drafted McGahee because his agent pretended to be on the phone?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pr!ck; and Lord knows I'm not a TD apologist, but that theory is just ridiculous.

Maybe on opening day, they sell 400 more tickets and 100 more hot dogs if JP starts. But in the long run, winning is what sells tickets. Obviously they don't feel Drew gives them the best chance to do that.

Hell, this was the same front office that chose Rob Johnson over the Midget. Do you think that was a popular decision with the fans?

Well, I answered the quetioned posed, based on the information provided from my source.  The information as presented to me pissed me off, and while I honestly do not know if JP will work out or not, the reasoning that I was told to put him in position is not the way a football team should be run.

241205[/snapback]

Right!

As long as they don't do windows!

Sure sounds like they are doing somebody's?

Were will your ride be parked at the Ralph on Sunday's?

:lol:

Were you one of those guys who thought TD drafted McGahee because his agent pretended to be on the phone? 

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pr!ck; and Lord knows I'm not a TD apologist, but that theory is just ridiculous. 

Maybe on opening day, they sell 400 more tickets and 100 more hot dogs if JP starts.  But in the long run, winning is what sells tickets.  Obviously they don't feel Drew gives them the best chance to do that.

241210[/snapback]

No I believe TD drafted WIllis because to be quite honest I believe and he believed that Travis Henry is a terrible running back.

No offense, but this is absurd. John Murphy reported last night that sources close to Mike Mularkey said that he told Drew that the Bills were "concerned" with how Bledsoe performed in "big" games last season. Especially the Pittsburgh game.

Take it for what it's worth, but I'll tend to agree with that assesment, before I believe some fan conspiracy theory. If it was about the fans, why'd the Bills keep RJ over Flutie?

And you are wrong.  As someone else mentioned, do not be surprised if TD makes his displeasure known at the press conference.

241169[/snapback]

i just can't continue to read this crap without responding.

the bills' brass have caved in to fan pressure??? that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever read. the (mostly) knowledgeable bills' fan base would have completely understood a decision to keep bledsoe as the starter for one more season, to further groom JP for the role. sure, some wouldn't have been happy, but they could have at least understood it from a football standpoint.

there is NO WAY IN HELL donahoe et al have made this move because "the fans forced it." if TD expresses displeasure today at the PC, it will be because of the uncalled-for personal insults hurled at DB, much like were done towards greggo before he was not retained a year ago. it has nothing to do with the fans "forcing" anything.

Your not serious are you? Can you imagine a GM getting up and saying I think keeping this guy is the way to go, but the fans have made it clear they want the rookie in. Now, I'm not saying that might not be the case, only that he would never admit to it.

241183[/snapback]

Ordinarily I couldn't imagine a GM doing something like that - until I saw Donahoe's press conference when he announced that Gregg Williams would not be retained. He pretty much said as much, and I was shocked.

That all being said, if he does that again today, I'll be super pissed off. Donahoe should own up to his decisions. These things have nothing to do with the fans. The fans realized in Year 2 that Gregg-o was a bad coach, just like we realized in Year Two that Drew wasn't gonna win us a Ring. Don't blame us for being right.