What about Brian Griese for a backup qb

2004 tam | 11 | 233 336 69.3 2632 7.8 20 12

Theres rumors that the bucs will part ways with griese rather than paying him a 6 million dollar roster bonus if the two sides can't reach a deal on a restructered contract.

He played pretty well for tampa this year. A team with a horrible offensive line and not a real threat of a running game.

I personally don't like griese, but he played well this past season and to me is a better option than malcontent noodle armed jeff garcia or jay fiedler. Just another name to throw out there for a possible vet backup and starter if jp falters

I don't believe he's ready to accept a backup role and salary that goes with it after he basically reserrected his career last year in TB. He'll stay in TB if they can work out the numbers.

However, all things being equal, I'd prefer to see him in a Bills uniform than virtually all the rest of the lot that's going to be available soon.

I don't believe he's ready to accept a backup role and salary that goes with it after he basically reserrected his career last year in TB. He'll stay in TB if they can work out the numbers. 

However, all things being equal, I'd prefer to see him in a Bills uniform than virtually all the rest of the lot that's going to be available soon.

240972[/snapback]

Personally, while I know Bledsoe is far from perfect, I like him more than any of the other dreck that is being thrown around to replace him. That being said, Griese would be a higher end replacement than guys like Fiedler. He is still relatively young, has tons of starting experience, and has had at least some moderate success. That being said, I don't think that he will be likely to be anxious to come to Buffalo to back up Losman. In fact, I think we will be stuck with a guy like Kordell, Jeff Blake or the likes...this whole situation seems totally unnecessary.....

2004 tam |  11 |  233  336  69.3  2632  7.8  20  12

Theres rumors that the bucs will part ways with griese rather than paying him a 6 million dollar roster bonus if the two sides can't reach a deal on a restructered contract.

He played pretty well for tampa this year.  A team with a horrible offensive line and not a real threat of a running game.

I personally don't like griese, but he played well this past season and to me is a better option than malcontent  noodle armed jeff garcia or jay fiedler.  Just another name to throw out there  for a possible vet backup and starter if jp falters

240936[/snapback]

He is a pretty good QB in the right system. I would be comfortable with griese in the back up role than matthews.