John Clayton on Mike & Mike this morning.

OnTheRocks

John Clayton on Mike & Mike this morning talking about a few possible offseason QB moves:

Quincy Carter: First needs to get life in order first. Probably sticks with the Jets.

Drew Bledsoe: Dallas Cowboys. If he goes to Dallas, the Cowboys will get 10 years younger at QB. (that's funny). Golic says he thinks Bledsoe stays in Buffalo.

Matt Hasselback: Will likely stick with the Seahawks.

Kurt Warner: Expects him to go to Chicago. Other possibilities: Arizona, Cleveland.

Jeff Garcia: Probably Detroit with an outside shot at Arizona.

Other notes:

Browns looking to the draft for a QB.

Reggie Fowler expected to be approved for purchase of the Vikings. Could slow down any movement of Randy Moss. Moss wants to stay in Minny, but would be interested in the Falcons and Ravens. Golic and Clayton both believe in the end, he stays in Minny.

Mel Kiper currently has:

Alex Smith to the 49ers

Aaron Rogers to the Browns.

Other Mock Draft Services have Rogers going #1 to 49ers and Smith going as late as #8.

Reggie Fowler expected to be approved for purchase of the Vikings.

I don't know, all of the local media thinks that Fowler will get rejected. The guy's only worth $400 million, yet he's going to spend $625M for the Vikes? Nobody here thinks his books will pass muster (well, "nobody" = the news reports I've heard).

CW

I don't know, all of the local media thinks that Fowler will get rejected.  The guy's only worth $400 million, yet he's going to spend $625M for the Vikes?  Nobody here thinks his books will pass muster (well, "nobody" = the news reports I've heard).

CW

239619[/snapback]

I think the NFL is falling all over itself to have its first Black owner.

I don't know, all of the local media thinks that Fowler will get rejected.  The guy's only worth $400 million, yet he's going to spend $625M for the Vikes?  Nobody here thinks his books will pass muster (well, "nobody" = the news reports I've heard).

CW

239619[/snapback]

He could get financial backing from others.

He will be the "majority owner". That doesn't mean he owns the whole team. It is very common for the majority owner to have only 51%, with partner owning 1-49%. Some just so they can say they own part of a team, others to make a little money. Snyder is not the sole owner of the Skins, but he makes so much money that his co-owners get a nice little dividend check every year, plus great box seats, etc,...

He will be the "majority owner".  That doesn't mean he owns the whole team.  It is very common for the majority owner to have only 51%, with partner owning 1-49%.  Some just so they can say they own part of a team, others to make a little money.  Snyder is not the sole owner of the Skins, but he makes so much money that his co-owners get a nice little dividend check every year, plus great box seats, etc,...

239632[/snapback]

the majority minority owner. :D

He will be the "majority owner".  That doesn't mean he owns the whole team.  It is very common for the majority owner to have only 51%, with partner owning 1-49%.  Some just so they can say they own part of a team, others to make a little money.  Snyder is not the sole owner of the Skins, but he makes so much money that his co-owners get a nice little dividend check every year, plus great box seats, etc,...

239632[/snapback]

Right, but the NFL wants to avoid having a lot of minority owners (owners having a small percentage stake in the team, not in an ethnic sense). The Vikes used to be owned by 10 owners, and the NFL hated that and doesn't want a repeat. I don't think they'd go for 51% ownership by one person and the other 49% by a bunch of others.

Plus, most of his "wealth" is in real estate which apparantly is tough to put a real number on.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5240935.html

But real estate wealth is notoriously difficult to pin down. Developers routinely buy property under multiple company names and limited partnerships and typically borrow most of the cost of the property.

We'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the deal fall through in the next 30-60 days.

CW

I think the NFL is falling all over itself to have its first Black owner.

239622[/snapback]

i agree, i think this will actually work in his favor, not against him.........

the NFL has had enough issues in the past with this subject that they don't need the negative PR that would come from squashing this sale.........a rubber stamp here would go a long way in the press and would be some good news for the NFL.......

Drew Bledsoe:  Dallas Cowboys.  If he goes to Dallas, the Cowboys will get 10 years younger at QB.  (that's funny).  Golic says he thinks Bledsoe stays in Buffalo.

239618[/snapback]

Golic is a dipstick ...... he might have played the game, but he knows nothing about player movement in the NFL. .... Clayton and Mortensen are the experts on that station

Right, but the NFL wants to avoid having a lot of minority owners (owners having a small percentage stake in the team, not in an ethnic sense).  The Vikes used to be owned by 10 owners, and the NFL hated that and doesn't want a repeat.  I don't think they'd go for 51% ownership by one person and the other 49% by a bunch of others.

CW

239639[/snapback]

Was that how it worked when it was owned by 10 partners, or was it on the most part "equal share?" I don't know that, but it's a big difference on how things get run....

I dont see Cleveland drafting a QB. Crennell will probably follow Belichick's example and take the overall best player available. The QB crop in this year's draft doesnt seem to merit taking one early just out of need.

I see him either trading down or taking LB Derrick Johnson from Texas. He seems to be the overall best defensive player in the draft.

Actually what I found most interesting about the Bledsoe discussion is that, according to Clayton, the Bills have NOT asked Bledsoe to take a paycut or comepete for his job. He said the team wants to close the Bledsoe chapter and move on.

Golic's concern was that he didn't think that the team wanted to take such a leap of faith with Loseman, which is why he predicted that Bledsoe would be back. Clayton said he agreed with Golic, but that the Bills were committed to Loseman.

That part of the conversation ended with Greeny saying, "We'll get our friend Tom Donahoe on here to get to the bottom of this."

Actually what I found most interesting about the Bledsoe discussion is that, according to Clayton, the Bills have NOT asked Bledsoe to take a paycut or comepete for his job. He said the team wants to close the Bledsoe chapter and move on.

Golic's concern was that he didn't think that the team wanted to take such a leap of faith with Loseman, which is why he predicted that Bledsoe would be back. Clayton said he agreed with Golic, but that the Bills were committed to Loseman.

That part of the conversation ended with Greeny saying, "We'll get our friend Tom Donahoe on here to get to the bottom of this."

240186[/snapback]

Yes, that was the most curious part of this story as well. Mortenson said the same thing Sunday on ESPN, although he only reported that Bledsoe had not been asked to take a paycut. He didn't say the Bills were ready to close the Bledsoe chapter, but that it is what you would infer....I gotta say, this is one instance where I think these guys are correct...this seems like a very foolish way to head into the season, unless TD has some plan for acquiring someone better than Bledsoe, to back up Losman. The feeling may be that it would be too big a PR hit to bring the insanely unpopular Bledsoe back, but I think if the Bills fail to make a run at the playoffs, and Losman does not play up to expectations (or even worse, is injured) this could be a much bigger PR blunder, not to mention a completely unnecessary gamble. This whole thing seems very wrong. I am not some Bledsoe apologist, but I think we could have done far worse than bringing Bledsoe back. We shall see...always interesting during the off-season.

Yes, that was the most curious part of this story as well.  Mortenson said the same thing Sunday on ESPN, although he only reported that Bledsoe had not been asked to take a paycut.  He didn't say the Bills were ready to close the Bledsoe chapter, but that it is what you would infer....I gotta say, this is one instance where I think these guys are correct...this seems like a very foolish way to head into the season, unless TD has some plan for acquiring someone better than Bledsoe, to back up Losman.  The feeling may be that it would be too big a PR hit to bring the insanely unpopular Bledsoe back, but I think if the Bills fail to make a run at the playoffs, and Losman does not play up to expectations (or even worse, is injured) this could be a much bigger PR blunder, not to mention a completely unnecessary gamble.  This whole thing seems very wrong.  I am not some Bledsoe apologist, but I think we could have done far worse than bringing Bledsoe back.  We shall see...always interesting during the off-season.

240410[/snapback]

According to this: click video link: http://www.wkbw.com/sports.aspx?preview=&t...n&NStoryID=1358

TD and Drew had a heated discussion about a paycut and back-up role...

According to this: click video link: http://www.wkbw.com/sports.aspx?preview=&t...n&NStoryID=1358

TD and Drew had a heated discussion about a paycut and back-up role...

240494[/snapback]

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!