Credit where credit is due (Rodak)

PromoTheRobot

Haha Rodak, what a clown! I just got back from traveling into the future and it turns out that Darby and Williams never have one off the field incident the rest of their long, fruitful NFL careers. Yeah, fleeing the scene of an accident, being present for and remaining silent about an alleged rape and assaulting pregnant girlfriends in college is all they ever did. So all of you speculating that they are in the clear after three weeks as pros and never have one off field transgression for the next decade are absolutely right. Again, Rodak- what a joke!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't hold them accountable, we have to just "ignore" them.

The idea that we are all just powerless actors who can only ignore something (which is a pathetically small-time move on a macro-scale of millions of viewers) bugs me. Every time somebody posts a thread trying to start a boycott gets responses like "this is insane", "check your mental health", "Haha you're only giving them publicity". Then a moderator closes the thread. When you get down to it, what those responses are are people telling you that you are powerless to do anything.

Of course, this is very far from the truth. One determined person can get the attention of social media, authority figures with an agenda, or local media and start a grassroots campaign to make change at some pretty high levels. It happens everyday for things much larger that sports reporters on local radio stations or marginal beat reporters on ESPN.

Bam! Thank you, you are preaching to the choir. I'm so sick of people who act like we can't force a change. Espn is not a free service they get paid by us through our time, then sell that time to advertisers. If you want a change we can work together to get it done. If you don't want change and like Rodak that's fine. It seriously would not take much time or effort if everyone came together on it.