Philly newspaper saids Bledsoe has requested

Rudyc80

what is Terry Donahoe doing making decisions in the Bills front office?

238111[/snapback]

Tom (Terry) not withstanding, if this is true, 2005 could be a long year folks. Bledsoe may have failed, but a second year "raw coming of of college" QB no matter his talent level could spell a big step back. We all saw this past year what a slow start can do to one's season. Also, there is a BIG concern over who will be the backup. Surely, there must be an inkling in TD's mind who that may be, or at least there should have been before giving DB the ultimatum.

As the Bills Turn.....

How is it that some guy in Philly out scooped the local media?

238166[/snapback]

Chris Mortenson reported, essentially, the same thing on ESPN, during the Pro Bowl pre-game show. He said that he had spoken to "sources close to the quarterback (Bledsoe that is) and indications were that he would be resistant to returning to Buffalo in a back-up role." I know a lot of times these guys are wrong, but Mortenson, especially, is usually reliable. Mortenson never came right out and said that Bledsoe would be released, so maybe that is an indication that Bledseo has honestly not made up his mind yet. As a Bledsoe supporter, as much as I would love to see him come back, and be in an honest challange to win the job from JP, it seems that the rabid faction of Bills fandom has spoken, and Bledsoe's return, no matter how much football sense it makes, would be a PR nightmare, and a distraction for the team.

The thing that troubles me the most about releasing Bledsoe is that it will not create much salary cap releif, and we will be left with an uproven, untested starting QB, and any space made under the cap cutting Bledsoe, will be spent on a back up QB, no better, and likely worse than Bledsoe.

I am hopeful that everything works out with Losman, but I hate going into the season thinking that we are, once again, rebuiding. Here we have finaly made some real strides on the field, and now we are going in to a season, gambling that a Losman is ready to lead the Bills to the playoffs. Lets not forget, Losman missed time injured in college, and again as rookie in the NFL. As sharp and shrewd as TD seems sometimes, he seems to have a thing for taking big leaps of faith when it comes to some of his decision making. This particular gamble just seems sort of unnecessary.

a second year "raw coming of of college" QB no matter his talent level could spell a big step back. We all saw this past year what a slow start can do to one's season.

238163[/snapback]

so you think that we should entrust the offense to a QB who has PROVEN to be inept and quite capable of getting our team off to a slow start????

i don't understand why people cant see that with JP, though he may mirror the poor play of drew the past couple years, has the POTENTIAL to have a successful year. does DB??? do you really think that the 4th year is the charm and he's gonna finally wake up and be the superstar we all thought he would be?

i really believe that the worst from JP will be the normal play of DB, which stunk!!!!! what is there possibly to lose???