First look at pre-combine Wonderlics

Albany,n.y.

It takes a lot of time to compile them & I've already spent too much of today on the internet, so here are the QBs that were available. I'll look at other positions in about a week or 2, I'm going to be too busy this week. Once the combine is over, I should be able to have all the combine Wonderlics. The source is the SportsXchange premium draft site.

A. Smith 37

Frye 28

Campbell 14

Orton 25

Walter 24

Orlovsky 21

Anderson 15

Fitzpatrick 37

Greene 21

Rix 22

Allen 18

Lefors 26

J. White 31

Nothing earth shattering here, interesting that only 1 player, Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick, was able to get through all 50 questions in the time given.

Mularkey likes smart players, but I think I'd prefer LeFors

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Official Bio College: Harvard Height: 6-3

Position: Quarterback Weight: 210

Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.89

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Does a nice job disecting defenses...Very smart and a good game manager...Team leader with top intangibles and a competitive fire...Does all the little things.

Weaknesses: Didn't play against elite competition...Size is only average...Isn't very mobile...Arm strength is adequate, but not special...Will make some poor decisions.

Notes: Led his team to an undefeated season in 2004 as a senior...Probably doesn't have the physical tools to be a starter at the next level but could develop into a backup.

Fitzy doesnt strike me as an NFL QB. I dont even see him as a decent backup. To put it into terms that all of you video game savvy people will understand, he's one of those QBs in the Madden franchise mode that is ALWAYS available in the free agent pool.

I really like David Greene myself...it would be interesting to see what the Bills do in the 3rd-4th round of this year's draft if Bledsoe does indeed get released. I would draft a QB simply because any QB the Bills sign in FA this year will probably be a short-term solution to the backup QB spot. Take a QB in Round Four and develop him to be Losman's backup.

I like LeFors, but he's something like 6' even.  Too short.

238056[/snapback]

He may be short but so was Flutie & Van Pelt.

Actually some scouts have compared him to a young Jeff Garcia

He is extremely accurate and he's mobile.

I think he'd make an excellent backup to grab in the later in the draft

He may be short but so was Flutie & Van Pelt.

Flutie was an anomaly and quickly was figured-out. AVP was a great guy and a decent backup, but that's about it.

Actually some scouts have compared him to a young Jeff Garcia

He is extremely accurate and he's mobile.

I think he'd make an excellent backup to grab in the later in the draft

If he comes in at over 6'1", I say scoop him up in the middle of the draft. Anything less and it's UDFA.

Flutie was an anomaly and quickly was figured-out.  AVP was a great guy and a decent backup, but that's about it.

If he comes in at over 6'1", I say scoop him up in the middle of the draft.  Anything less and it's UDFA.

238086[/snapback]

Nah, Lafors definitely will get drafted...it all depends on how he does at the Combine. He could go as early as the 4th round or as late as the 6th.

If We're gonna go the route of drafting a qb I'd look no further than

Jason Campbell of Auburn 6'5 223 4.7 40.

article on campbell

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospe...n_campbell.html

Jason Campbell came in to Auburn with big time high school accolades. He was up and down throughout his career, but he ended his career becoming one of the best QB’s in school history. His 4-year totals include 7,110 yards for 44 touchdowns and 23 interceptions, and a 63% completion percentage, while rushing for 9 touchdowns. His career completion percentage is tops in the schools history. In 2003, Campbell received the Pat Dye Leadership Award from the Auburn coaches for this leadership he displayed in spring ball. He also won MVP of the 2003 Music City Bowl.

Jason Campbell has a great package of skills at the QB position. He’s got good size, he’s athletic, he’s got a very good arm, and he’s a leader. Once he finally got a chance to stick with the same coordinator during his senior season, he really displayed the consistency he needed to show for the next level, leading Auburn to a SEC title, and an undefeated regular season.

There isn’t anything physically Campbell lacks. Up until his senior season, he was really up and down throughout his career. Campbell still hasn’t shown the ability to put his team on his back and carry them. He’s had an awesome run game to balance things out during his stay at Auburn, so just how much of the load he can shoulder is in question.

Jason Campbell has very good upside at the next level. He has the skills, the work ethic, and the leadership ability. If he gets with the right coach to develop him early at the NFL level, Campbell could develop into a very good NFL QB. Campbell is the type that could really move up in workouts, but on the field, Campbell looks like a very good developmental prospect, and should go somewhere around Round 4.

If JP Losman doesn't pan out I think Jason Campbell is a guy who can be a future star in the nfl and lead us to where we want to go. He's got the size, mobility, the arm, the leadership ability he just has to fine tune some of his mechanics to the pro game.

If We're gonna go the route of drafting a qb I'd look no further than

Jason Campbell of Auburn 6'5 223  4.7 40.

article on campbell

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospe...n_campbell.html

Jason Campbell came in to Auburn with big time high school accolades. He was up and down throughout his career, but he ended his career becoming one of the best QB’s in school history. His 4-year totals include 7,110 yards for 44 touchdowns and 23 interceptions, and a 63% completion percentage, while rushing for 9 touchdowns. His career completion percentage is tops in the schools history. In 2003, Campbell received the Pat Dye Leadership Award from the Auburn coaches for this leadership he displayed in spring ball. He also won MVP of the 2003 Music City Bowl.

Jason Campbell has a great package of skills at the QB position. He’s got good size, he’s athletic, he’s got a very good arm, and he’s a leader. Once he finally got a chance to stick with the same coordinator during his senior season, he really displayed the consistency he needed to show for the next level, leading Auburn to a SEC title, and an undefeated regular season.

There isn’t anything physically Campbell lacks. Up until his senior season, he was really up and down throughout his career. Campbell still hasn’t shown the ability to put his team on his back and carry them. He’s had an awesome run game to balance things out during his stay at Auburn, so just how much of the load he can shoulder is in question.

Jason Campbell has very good upside at the next level. He has the skills, the work ethic, and the leadership ability. If he gets with the right coach to develop him early at the NFL level, Campbell could develop into a very good NFL QB. Campbell is the type that could really move up in workouts, but on the field, Campbell looks like a very good developmental prospect, and should go somewhere around Round 4.

If JP Losman doesn't pan out  I think Jason Campbell is a guy who can be a future star in the nfl and lead us to where we want to go. He's got the size, mobility, the arm, the leadership ability he just has to fine tune some of his mechanics to the pro game.

238101[/snapback]

From what I hear Campbell is expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round

From what I hear Campbell is expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round

238105[/snapback]

Yeah I think he'll end up early-mid 3rd but I also think if he's available in the 3rd we should take a long look at him assuming of course we fill some needs like oline in free agency. If Not Campbell I'd also like Stefan Lefors or a Derek Anderson from Oregon State 6'6 240, but I think if Bledsoe is gone regardless of whether or not we bring in some vet to sit on bench we need to draft a vet, as a #2 option for our future if losman flops which I hope he doesn't