Another Camp ACL: Orlando Scandrick carted off Cowboys Field

My own personal theory which I can't back up by any science of any kind is all the supplements they drink, Protein supplements etc.

Go back to the Roger Maris supplements. Cookies and milk.

I think there's something to this. Guys are bigger and stronger and move with more force than before but knee ligaments aren't necessarily any stronger.

I think it was at the this stage of camp, I am not 100% sure but I think it was at this stage of camp but I could be wrong. Looking into the stat now.

EDIT: It was at the end of camp. Camp is almost over as another poster pointed out.

Looks like 31 before the start of the 2013 season so 2 weeks still to go for this season. (yes, technically the next 2 weeks are no longer considered "camp" - so what are the next 2 weeks called? :unsure: )

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/26/9210063/nfl-preseason-shortened-acl-knee-injuries-orlando-scandrick-jordy-nelson

Edited by Yard Monkey

My own personal theory which I can't back up by any science of any kind is all the supplements they drink, Protein supplements etc.

Go back to the Roger Maris supplements. Cookies and milk.

Tendon injuries are more likely to occur when steroids (and some other PEDs) are used. That's due to muscle growth outstripping what the tendons can handle. Injury to muscles can also happen when one group of muscles is worked hard and grows faster than other supporting muscles can keep up. (Think about a football player weight training on steroids, then moving on to football work where other muscles have to work together with the overdeveloped muscles. They are more vulnerable too.) Edited by BarleyNY

Two words bad timing. So this is the preseason boo hoo. Go back to last year and remember how many opposing starters the Bills put down for the year if not for a number of games. Luck, circumstance and the rule that sh*t happens needs to be applied and everyone needs to pump the breaks. All Monday morning QBing saying injuries in preseason blah blah. It happens when it happens. No rhyme or reason and when it does it sucks if it is a player on your team. But you have to take a big bite of the turd sandwhich and move on.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

I think there's something to this. Guys are bigger and stronger and move with more force than before but knee ligaments aren't necessarily any stronger.

Or it is b.c guys don't stop training anymore and they push themselves to the limit in the off season now.

Or it is b.c guys don't stop training anymore and they push themselves to the limit in the off season now.

imo it's more related to this. the body needs recovery time from working out and from the pounding on the field. I also think excessive work in the gym and stretching adds to the risk. so-called aerobics is a complete farce and should be completely avoided

Raiders' Menelik Watson ruptures Achilles tendon

It appears Derek Carr has lost a key member of his offensive line.

Raiders right tackle Menelik Watson left Oakland's game against the Cardinals on Sunday with an undisclosed ankle injury and did not return. However, after the game, Watson tweeted that he had torn his Achilles tendon: "Ruptured Achilles' tendon..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518564/article/raiders-menelik-watson-ruptures-achilles-tendon

Edited by JTSP