Is Moulds the best wideout in the AFC EAST?

Rudyc80

Eric Moulds is a very good receiver and I am glad the Bills have him, but $18 million over the next 3 years is a steep price to pay

238076[/snapback]

Very true, but it wont happen. 5 mil is bonus money, right? They could cut him (if need be) after 6/1 next year and not lose much.

It was an OK contract imo.

badol, are you sure you mean patten? don't you mean givens? patten barely plays anymore, and givens is really great.

237238[/snapback]

Patten barely plays?

List of afc east wr's by teams- (TE'S not included)

NE Wr's-

David Patten-2004 New England 16 44 800 50.0 18.2 48 3.3 37 7

David Givens- 2004 New England 15 56 874 58.3 15.6 50 3.3 47 3

Deion Branch- 2004 New England 9 35 454 50.4 13.0 26 4.1 27 4

branch is obviousily their best wr as far as route running and speed are concerned, but to say Patten barely plays when he put up 800 yards and 7 tds. I'd like to know what he did if he actually played? :blink: P.S He's scheduled to be and UFA. He'd look great in a bills uni. Git Er done Tom

NYJ Wr's

Santana Moss- 2004 NY Jets 15 45 838 55.9 18.6 69 5.4 35 5

Justin McCareins- 2004 NY Jets 16 56 770 48.1 13.8 43 2.4 43 4

Dolphins Wr's

Chris Chambers-2004 Miami 15 69 898 59.9 13.0 76 4.2 45 7

Derrius Thompson-2004 Miami 16 23 359 22.4 15.6 36 3.3 18 4

Bills Wr's

Eric Moulds- 2004 Buffalo 16 88 1043 65.2 11.9 49 3.8 53 5

Lee Evans- 2004 Buffalo 16 48 843 52.7 17.6 69 4.1 38 9

2004 Stastics of wr's in the afc east

TD Leader- Lee Evans 9tds

catches- Eric Moulds 88

yards- eric moulds 1043

catches for 1st downs- eric moulds 53

yards per game- Eric Moulds 65.2

ypc- Santana Moss 18.6 Patten 2nd at 18.2(Just driving home that Patten barely plays remark ;))

Yac- Santana Moss- 5.4

How I'd rank the top afc east receivers

1. Eric Moulds

2. Santana Moss

3. Chris Chambers

4. Deion Branch

5. David Patten

6. David Givens

7. Lee Evans (He'll move up after another successful year. I love the kid though)

8. Justin Mccerains

So Yes imo moulds is the best wr in the afc east.

As a Jets fan I agree:

Moulds is the most talented WR in the AFC East followed by Santana Moss & Chris Chambers (they are like 2A & 2B) but both clearly behind Moulds.

However, he won't be next season. Next season it will be Moulds trailing Moss. Not S.Moss ... ...

RANDY MOSS!!!!!!! ;)

As a Jets fan I agree:

Moulds is the most talented WR in the AFC East followed by Santana Moss & Chris Chambers (they are like 2A & 2B) but both clearly behind Moulds.

However, he won't be next season.  Next season it will be Moulds trailing Moss.  Not S.Moss ... ...

RANDY MOSS!!!!!!!  :blink:

238085[/snapback]

Moss and Moss would be a bit scary I must say ;) ... He may also be trailing another player on our own team next year. You're probably familiar with our young Mr. Evans. :lol:

Patten barely plays?

branch is obviousily their best wr as far as route running and speed are concerned, but to say Patten barely plays when he put up 800 yards and 7 tds. I'd like to know what he did if he actually played? ;) P.S He's scheduled to be and UFA. He'd look great in a bills uni.  Git Er done Tom 

NYJ Wr's

238082[/snapback]

I would rather we this time stay away from a player that the Patriots feel they can do without.

I would rather we this time stay away from a player that the Patriots feel they can do without.

238136[/snapback]

Granted The Bledsoe thing didn't work out. However I feel the Milloy pickup was huge for our defense and despite being hurt was one of the main reasons in our defenes improvement when he came back later in the season. Early in the year we we're getting beaten with the deep ball. When Milloy came back this wasn't the case. He brings us stability at the safety position

About Patten. He'd be a huge upgrade over any of the wr's we currently have on our roster not named eric moulds or lee evans. I see no reason why we wouldn't want to bring in a true #3 wr threat who can solidify our wr corps and step up into the #2 role should moulds or evans get hurt.

Granted The Bledsoe thing didn't work out. However I feel the Milloy pickup was huge for our defense and despite being hurt was one of the main reasons in our defenes improvement when he came back later in the season. Early in the year we we're getting beaten with the deep ball. When Milloy came back this wasn't the case. He brings us stability at the safety position

About Patten.  He'd be a huge upgrade over any of the wr's we currently have on our roster not named eric moulds or lee evans.  I see no reason why we wouldn't want to bring in a true #3 wr threat who can solidify our wr corps and step up into the #2 role should moulds or evans get hurt.

238139[/snapback]

Yeah I would love for us to upgrade at the 3 spot, but we only have so much salary cap space and I'd rather it spent to resign, Big Pat, Jonas and a TE upgrade. Often, a new starter at QB can cause a previously struggling WR to flourish. I believe this is how Moulds started...

Patten had a very nice year for New England, but I think that he is definitely on the decline. He is definitely a classic outside speed receiver. He's not very effective over the middle or in the slot. He's getting up there in age as well so I fear his speed may betray him sooner rather than later. He also doesn't play specials. Real good guy though with a humble, positive attitude.

I think that Moulds is still #1, but Branch is coming on fast. Branch is an incredibly intuitive receiver and is getting better and better very quickly. I'd expect Branch to pass Moulds next year. I also have a ton of respect for Chambers - he hasn't exactly had the baddest gunslingers in the West throwing him the rock in his career.

IMO....Moulds and Evans are the best duo in the AFC east and Moulds is teh best WR in the division!

Santana Moss, Deon Branch(who i still say is average) are the only two guys you could even make a case for so moulds is still the class of the AFC East when it come to wideouts and to be hnest Id take Evans over both Branch and Moss since hes a rookie and had just as good numbers as moss/branch!

236912[/snapback]

No. He drops too many easy passes and it's gotten worse these past 3 years. He must have some undisclosed hand injury.

The question was AFC EAST.

Yes he is. The rest of them do not command the respect or attention that Moulds does day in day out. Ask a DB who they fear/respect most in the East. Moulds has a rare speed/strength combo that is hard to stop. Its fugged up that Chambers and McCareins are in the running with him.

237262[/snapback]

No sh-- sherlock

However, I dont feel that any of the WR's in the Afc are really the best.