felton same as sam gash?

Shady ran behind a FB when in college as well as in his first four years Andy Reed always had a FB. He wasn't part of the base offense but they used one.

Good to know. Do we know how he did with a FB when compared to a single-back set, during those years? just curious.

"Learning" how to run behind a fullback is so overrated. Any good back can do it. It's no different than running behind a pulling guard or behind a wr downfield. Reading blocks is reading blocks.

Well, I don't think anyone is arguing it is rocket science. But I believe it's fairly clear some backs prefer, and excel, at one-back sets, while others thrive with a fullback. I'm not sure the learning curve is the problem as much as the natural/comfortable style of the back. I'd think most backs would do better with a fullback---but again, I have heard some prefer to go single back.

"Learning" how to run behind a fullback is so overrated. Any good back can do it. It's no different than running behind a pulling guard or behind a wr downfield. Reading blocks is reading blocks.

From a blocking perspective the angle is a bit different.....FB's will lead up into gaps (usually to take out a filling linbacker) and that action is much faster so the RB has to read faster

Edited by John from Hemet

From a blocking perspective the angle is a bit different.....FB's will lead up into gaps (usually to take out a filling linbacker) and that action is much faster so the RB has to read faster

Ok but it's not something that anyone with a hint of athleticism has trouble adjusting to is my point.