Saw Elvis Costello & Steely Dan last night....

The Poojer

Elvis was the "opener" with a very nice 60 minute set. Had a bit of trouble getting into tune for "Everyday I write the book" but eventually got there. He was with The Imposters which was very cool to see. Steely Dan put together a 2 hour set backed by an incredible 10 piece band including 4 horns and 3 back-up singers. Walter Becker was not the guitar focus which was kind of weird, but he provided some very very funny crowd banter which seemed a bit out of character. Donald Fagan sounded awesome. They went through their hits because as Becker put it, "we like those songs too". Great evening of music and I am not usually one to get excited about nostalgia bands from my ute(except for maybe the Dead), but the Camden show had to have been about 20,000+ people and no one left disappointed. The only downer was for us lawn seat folks, the camera guy was HORRENDOUS...he couldn't/wouldn't follow the band. it was annoying but hey, we knew what we were getting when we took the cheap way out. If they come to a town near you, check them out.

hey, i walked about a half mile from car to venue, plus the hill was steep, and getting my fat ass up and down in a low beach chair for ovations is a workout in itself....oh and the increased heart rate one experiences while walking in Camden NJ at night has to count for something...right??? :D , but I did behave...nursed a beer(my buddy bought me one because I gave him my extra ticket, so i couldn't be rude) but then worked on a gatorade the rest of the night just to stay hydrated.

Sounds cool Pooj!

Let me guess, you skipped the cardio last night? :-P ;-) j/k

Oh well, there is always tomorrow. :-)

hey, i walked about a half mile from car to venue, plus the hill was steep, and getting my fat ass up and down in a low beach chair for ovations is a workout in itself....oh and the increased heart rate one experiences while walking in Camden NJ at night has to count for something...right??? :D , but I did behave...nursed a beer(my buddy bought me one because I gave him my extra ticket, so i couldn't be rude) but then worked on a gatorade the rest of the night just to stay hydrated.

Awesome! LoL... Baby steps I say! :-)

That sounds like it would be an amazing concert.

But 20,000 people? No way in hell.

One of the genuine benefits of living in SoCal is the number of small concert venues where the big names will play. I'll never forget watching Tony Bennett while sitting at the bar at the House of Blues.

it's the typical amphitheater...sure i love small venues too, but sitting on the lawn on a gorgeous night is pretty sweet as well. it was a ton of fun.

That sounds like it would be an amazing concert.

But 20,000 people? No way in hell.

One of the genuine benefits of living in SoCal is the number of small concert venues where the big names will play. I'll never forget watching Tony Bennett while sitting at the bar at the House of Blues.