With all this Moulds talk

bartshan-83

I feel like his career could have been amazing (statistically speaking) if he had just an ounce of QB stabilty and little bit of quality. I mean the poor guy has had such a collection of scrubs and disappointments throwing him the ball, not to mention an entire fleet of semi-retarded offensive co-ordinators.

The QBs:

-KELLY: No argument for quality, but it was at the end of Jimbo's career and Moulds really didn't know what he was doing. Grade: B-

-TODD: Tim Couch before Tim Couch. Had the tools, but a shattered confidence. Grade: D

-HOBERT: nm. Grade: F

VAN PELT: Got more PT than anyone would have guessed during his time here. But never was a starting quality QB. College strength arm. Grade: C-

FLUTIE: Most success. Breakout years were with Doug. They definitely had a rhythm going but Doug's shortcomings cost Eric numerous catches and TDs (see long ball). Grade: A-

RJ: Moderately successful but RJ was RJ. Flashes here and there but the epitome of instability. Add Mike Sheppard as nice bonus to this equation. Grade: C+

DREW: It seemed like a match made in heaven in 2002, but it came crashing down. However, having Moulds as the #1, 2 and 3 option on every pass play helped his numbers. Still couldn't take advantage of Eric's skill: Grade: B-

It just sucks. 6 QBs in less than a decade and none of them very good (yes even Jimbo was trailing off) or present for any extended amount of time. Every year he gets a new offensive scheme (almost always a bad one) and a new mediocre QB to get him the ball. Yes he complains, but he stayed in Buffalo once and he just made it happen again.

I will always be an Eric Moulds fan.

Just to further the conversation....I sit there and try to figure out why Moulds has the most success with Doug Flutie.....

And it gives me hope for a resurgence with JP Losman

What were Fluties qualities that allowed him to stay in the league? The ability to move around long enough for receivers to come open?

That will end up being one of Losmans best traits as well I think.....the time to allow Moulds to break open is going to be key in how well he does.....improvement of the line AND a QB with the ability to throw on the run are going to help Eric.....not to mention a speed demon on the other side of the field loosening up the coverage......

Just to further the conversation....I sit there and try to figure out why Moulds has the most success with Doug Flutie.....

What were Fluties qualities that allowed him to stay in the league?  The ability to move around long enough for receivers to come open?

235730[/snapback]

Good O-lines...?

What were Fluties qualities that allowed him to stay in the league?  The ability to move around long enough for receivers to come open?

That will end up being one of Losmans best traits as well I think.....the time to allow Moulds to break open is going to be key in how well he does.....improvement of the line AND a QB with the ability to throw on the run are going to help Eric.....not to mention a speed demon on the other side of the field loosening up the coverage......

235730[/snapback]

john, since kelly's retirement, it's hard to argue that doug flutie hasn't been the bills best qb by a mile.

Put Flutie's head on Johnson's shoulders and you have one really good QB who's a dick and one retarded dwarf who's also a dick.

236101[/snapback]

news flash: 90% of the players in the nfl are dicks. as i always say, for 3/4 of the players in the league, if not for the nfl, jail. that comes with the territory when the population under study achieved what they did by being more violently psychotic than the rest of society.

Put Flutie's head on Johnson's shoulders & vice/versa and you have one really good QB who's a dick and one retarded dwarf who's also a dick.

236101[/snapback]

Darin, I know this is heresy in these parts, but flutie's season in 98 was the best by a buffalo qb since the 91 season. no season by a buffalo qb since has approached his performance that year. by the way, why is he considered such a dick anyway? it was wilson who ordered his benching before the tennessee game, not the coaches.

Moulds deserves to be on a winning Bills team. But in the NFL you have to go out and earn it which hopefully he and his teammates will do this season. I think Moulds is a good guy and he really likes Buffalo and playing for Buffaol--something that can't be said for all athletes here.