It's no secret, kiss Bledsoe good-bye...

Tipster19

i hate to sound heretical, simon, but i will go the mat arguing that flutie was a significantly better player than rob johnson when he was here and had good reason to kvetch (especially after it came out that wilson and not the coaching staff ordered him benched for johnson).  he had some poor outings, but was far better in the clutch than any of his successors.  remember that baltimore game against what was then an unrecognized defense for the ages?

236095[/snapback]

At 180lbs, I'm not going to the mat with anybody. :ph34r:

I didn't really care for either of them, but saying Flutie was better is kind of like saying Larry Smith is better then Pucillo. The difference may exist but both guys were inadequate and the difference was insignificant enough to make the argument a moot point in my mind.

As for him being better in the clutch, the most important game of Flutie's career as a Bill was a postseason effort vs. the phish where he repeatedly turned the ball over in the redzone with downs to play with; a cardinal sin for any quarterback.

I just think that both players had glaring weaknesses, but if Wade had had the confidence to take a more pro-active approach, he could have done a much better job masking those weaknesses. The fact that both guys hated each other would have also created a highly competitive situation that could have benefited the Bills as a whole if he had been willing to use both of them, instead of just standing by while Flutie played the kind of atrocious football that helped cost the Bills valuable home playoff games.

For the reasons stated above, I won't say that RJ was better. But he at least could have provided an occasional change of pace and a spark to a team that too often found itself bogged down offensively.

Cya

Would Vinnie Teastaverde be out of the question? Talk about a seasoned veteran! How ironic would it be that we gave our 1st rd pick this year for JP and we landed up with Vinnie for insurance/mentorship? What would be even more ironic is if we swapped Bledsoe for Teastaverde. What a merry-go-round that would be!