Anybody Who Wondered Why NYS is Screwed...

I trust her and think she's done a great job considering her party doesn't have any power in Congress. If not for her, the federal gov't would have closed some of the VA hospitals in NYS, at a time of increasing disabled vets. She doesn't have any say over NYS legislation and taxes, that's Pataki, Silver, and Bruno's mess.

I trust her and think she's done a great job considering her party doesn't have any power in Congress.  If not for her, the federal gov't would have closed some of the VA hospitals in NYS, at a time of increasing disabled vets.  She doesn't have any say over NYS legislation and taxes, that's Pataki, Silver, and Bruno's mess.

234841[/snapback]

Gee, that post's a revelation. ;)

Does anyone who's not a koolaid drinker have an opinion?

I trust her and think she's done a great job considering her party doesn't have any power in Congress.  If not for her, the federal gov't would have closed some of the VA hospitals in NYS, at a time of increasing disabled vets.  She doesn't have any say over NYS legislation and taxes, that's Pataki, Silver, and Bruno's mess.

234841[/snapback]

She's a Senator. Which means that Pataki, et al have to kiss her royal butt and dance to her tune if they want to ratchet up the federal hand-outs.

It was a better world before the 17th Amendment changed the Senate from positions appointed by the States to a direct popular vote.

Gee, that post's a revelation.

Does anyone who's not a koolaid drinker have an opinion?

So anyone who disagrees with your view is a koolaid drinker? That's very open minded. If you only want responses that agree with you, then you should say so. Your views on NYS have as much validity as my views on Ted Stevens and Alaska would. Let's hear how Hillary has been bad for NYS, and how Rick Lazio would have been a better choice.

So anyone who disagrees with your view is a koolaid drinker?  That's very open minded.  If you only want responses that agree with you, then you should say so.  Your views on NYS have as much validity as my views on Ted Stevens and Alaska would.  Let's hear how Hillary has been bad for NYS, and how Rick Lazio would have been a better choice.

234908[/snapback]

She's a Senator because Rudy Guilaini contracted prostate cancer.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/im...lintonhouse.htm

So anyone who disagrees with your view is a koolaid drinker?  That's very open minded.  If you only want responses that agree with you, then you should say so.  Your views on NYS have as much validity as my views on Ted Stevens and Alaska would.  Let's hear how Hillary has been bad for NYS, and how Rick Lazio would have been a better choice.

234908[/snapback]

Really? Do you own property in Alaska or have family living here? Somehow I doubt it.

You're nothing more than a "Dead Dog" Democrat, which is why I view you as a Koolaid Drinker. You've never posted anything that wasn't a DNC taking point.

You're nothing more than a "Dead Dog" Democrat, which is why I view you as a Koolaid Drinker. You've never posted anything that wasn't a DNC taking point.

Then you don't pay enough attention, because I've stated opposing views in the past. I agree with many Democratic views, but not because they say it, but because it's what I believe, and they're the party that is closest to my beliefs. But I don't agree with everything. I don't support an 'open border' policy, I think the borders should be tightly controlled and all illegal immigrants should be removed and prevented re-entry, and we should reduce the number of legal immigrants. I think abstinance should be taught along with birth control. I'm against late-term abortions except for the health of the mother. I'm for parental notification. I'm for school vouchers, as long as they don't reduce the money for public schools. I don't mind public facilities being used by religious groups, as long as there's equal access.

Now what talking points of the DNC do you agree with, to show you're not a koolaid drinker from the other side? And what negative things has Hillary done as Senator?

Now what talking points of the DNC do you agree with, to show you're not a koolaid drinker from the other side?

I don't vote for Republicans, so I don't know how it's possible to be a koolaid drinker for the other side. As far as things on the national level I agree with the Democrats on, there aren't many. Of course, I've read the Constitution.

And what negative things has Hillary done as Senator?

235424[/snapback]

First give specific reasons why you think she's been a good Senator. You don't get to ask questions without first putting some meat behind your contention.

Anyone who thinks any politician who has attained national prominence is honest & trustworthy , whether the name is Clinton or Bush, needs a serious reality check. They're all dishonest & untrustworthy, you vote for the one running whose policies & opinions are closer to your viewpoint. Once they have you believing they're honest, the better they can deceive you.

I don't vote for Republicans, so I don't know how it's possible to be a koolaid drinker for the other side.  As far as things on the national level I agree with the Democrats on, there aren't many. Of course, I've read the Constitution.

So...you don't agree with Democrats and therefore don't vote for them. But...you don't vote for Republicans, even though your views consistantly fall to the right. So...you obviously like the idea of yourself as a noble independent who is above all this two-party crap, effectively rendering yourself and your vote relatively meaningless. Keep fighting the good fight and putting down the Libs while pretending you're not Conservative. It's SO tired.

First give specific reasons why you think she's been a good Senator.  You don't get to ask questions without first putting some meat behind your contention.

235733[/snapback]

"If not for her, the federal gov't would have closed some of the VA hospitals in NYS, at a time of increasing disabled vets." - PastaJoe

He already gave one thing, which is one more than you used to support your claim that she is a bad senator.

"If not for her, the federal gov't would have closed some of the VA hospitals in NYS, at a time of increasing disabled vets." - PastaJoe

He already gave one thing, which is one more than you used to support your claim that she is a bad senator.

239459[/snapback]

Yeah, great job Sen Clinton.... :blink:

AFM Article

So...you don't agree with Democrats and therefore don't vote for them.  But...you don't vote for Republicans, even though your views consistantly fall to the right.  So...you obviously like the idea of yourself as a noble independent who is above all this two-party crap, effectively rendering yourself and your vote relatively meaningless.  Keep fighting the good fight and putting down the Libs while pretending you're not Conservative.  It's SO tired.

I never once said I'm not Conservative. I'm simply not a Republican. You try and figure out what the difference is. I'd have posted the same article if the number were pro-Guiliani or pro-Pataki - because both of them are fiscal liberals who pretend to be conservative to get the vote.

239459[/snapback]

Whoopie. That one could easily be filed under "every squirrel finds a nut." Find me a Senator that votes against VA Hospitals in an overt manner. There ain't any because that's political suicide.

I never once said I'm not Conservative.  I'm simply not a Republican.  You try and figure out what the difference is.  I'd have posted the same article if the number were pro-Guiliani or pro-Pataki - because both of them are fiscal liberals who pretend to be conservative to get the vote.

But...you don't vote for Republicans, even though your views consistantly fall to the right.

I'm sure you're 'independence' is really making a difference. You've proven yourself to share nearly every Republican viewpoint, yet say that you are not a Republican so that you can claim some sort of ideological or moral superiority. It's utter BS. If it smells like a Republican and talks like a Republican and thinks like a Republican then it's probably Alaska Darin. Deny it if you like, but I'd venture to guess that you've voted for a hell of a lot more Republicans than Democrats. Maybe you've mixed in some Independents to keep yourself honest, but who are you trying to fool? Somtimes our actions define who and what we are.

But...you don't vote for Republicans, even though your views consistantly fall to the right.

I'm sure you're 'independence' is really making a difference.  You've proven yourself to share nearly every Republican viewpoint, yet say that you are not a Republican so that you can claim some sort of ideological or moral superiority.  It's utter BS.  If it smells like a Republican and talks like a Republican and thinks like a Republican then it's probably Alaska Darin.  Deny it if you like, but I'd venture to guess that you've voted for a hell of a lot more Republicans than Democrats.  Maybe you've mixed in some Independents to keep yourself honest, but who are you trying to fool?  Somtimes our actions define who and what we are.

240541[/snapback]

Are you somehow related to RCow?

As I have stated before and will again: The Republicans campaign like Libertarians and govern like liberals. I won't apologize for holding a somewhat conservative ideology based on the Constitution (keep in mind "I" actually know my stances on each issue - you simply think you do), nor do I care what your personal opinion of my politics are.

If you want to identify yourself with a political party that cares more about keeping power than it does doing the right thing, then you are part of what ails America. You can think that I'm trying to fool someone, but that only works because you've already fooled yourself.

As far as you guessing on who I've voted for, you'd be wrong. I don't vote for either and haven't for a decade.