Is Jennings really that good? Does anyone have

FTW_BillsFan

yes, jonas is that good.

look up his stats, and compare them to the best in the game.

he's right with them.

his only drawback has been nagging injuries. When was the last time someone beat Jonas around the edge? The rush has come from the LT/LG gap when Jonas is stretched outside.

He's that good.

Is Jennings really that good?

234524[/snapback]

Here's what Scout's Inc. says about him:

Jennings plays with good leverage, he has the lower body strength to drive most defensive ends off the ball and he is a dominant run blocker at times. He plays with a mean streak, he can deliver a powerful initial punch and he generally does a nice job of locking into the defender's frame. As a pass blocker, Jennings bends at the knees rather than the waist and he rarely gives ground to bull rushers. However, he is a better run blocker than pass blocker and he has had some problems staying healthy. Jennings lacks ideal initial quickness, he takes too long to get set at times and speed rushers will have some success turning the corner working against him. Jennings sustained a season-ending toe injury in 2003 and he missed two games with an ankle injury last year so durability is somewhat of a concern. Overall, he is a quality starter that flashes the ability to dominate the point of attack.

He's their 3rd-best free-agent OT available,

well below Pace & Jones' gradings, just barely ahead of Stockar McDougle ;)

a couple of other "intangibles" to consider:

1.) He plays whikle hurt - and set the example for the other linemen

2.) He knows the offense and the offensive system

He also is the natural leader of the line.

Here's hoping the Bills can keep him.

a couple of other "intangibles" to consider:

1.) He plays whikle hurt - and set the example for the other linemen

2.) He knows the offense and the offensive system

He also is the natural leader of the line.

Here's hoping the Bills can keep him.

234545[/snapback]

seems to me, he plays and GETS hurt around the end of the 2nd quarter. then the backup comes in the rest of the game.

he is not a J. Ogden or Pace. he is not a top 5 OT. hes not a top 10 OT, hes not a top 15 OT. some team will severly over pay to get him.

hes above average (B), and i dont worry when i see him come on the field. while pace or the other top 5 OTs are great (A+).

if he was that good, than he would be franchised.

now L. Smith on the other hand. i watch him play gaurd and hope he doesnt blow it. and for the most part he does just fine.

yes, jonas is that good.

look up his stats, and compare them to the best in the game.

he's right with them.

his only drawback has been nagging injuries. When was the last time someone beat Jonas around the edge? The rush has come from the LT/LG gap when Jonas is stretched outside.

He's that good.

234535[/snapback]

Jennings is good till he gets hurt. Do we really want to put that much coin on a player that won't be around for the playoff push and playoffs if we ever make it? I'm hoping we go after W. Jones. Not being able to finish out seasons is a huge thing in regards to Jonas Jennings. But that's just me.