What we should have

JayFromDC

i just really hope you are kidding...

i dont know whether you are judging Evans on 4 exibition games or what, but how can you throw in the towel so quickly. IMO Evans hasnt been given a chance. WIDE OPEN DOWN THE MIDDLE, yeah T. Brown underthrows him by 15 yards... I havent anything about Colbert. Is he having a good pre-season or what? i have no idea. But i do know he benefitted greatly from Mike Williams on the other side. He was one guy i DIDNT want to draft.

People were saying the same thing when we drafted Moulds.....and that was based on more than just a preseason. I think we need to give Evans a little more time to blossom before we start the second guessing.

i just really hope you are kidding...

i dont know whether you are judging Evans on 4 exibition games or what, but how can you throw in the towel so quickly.  IMO Evans hasnt been given a chance.  WIDE OPEN DOWN THE MIDDLE, yeah T. Brown underthrows him by 15 yards...  I havent anything about Colbert.  Is he having a good pre-season or what?  i have no idea.  But i do know he benefitted greatly from Mike Williams on the other side.  He was one guy i DIDNT want to draft.

17800[/snapback]

You only fuel the idiocy by replying. When people post topics like this, it's best to just sit back and ignore them.

What the hell kinda name is Kelso's helmet anyway Keary Colbert has 8 receptions for 277 yards with 3 touchdowns in the preason.. I won't even post Evan's numbers and I know it takes 3 seasons for most guys to develop but let's not act like guys haven't came in and had great years as a rookie stop that right now, ever heard of Terry Glenn, Anquan boldin??

We Should have Drafted JP Losman in the first round instead of Lee the Invincible man Evans, that way we would have kept our NO.1 next year and Drafted Keary Colbert in the second round. TOm TOm Tom I'll tell ya man

17795[/snapback]

So...we should have done things YOUR way because of your incredible hindsight?

BRILLIANT!!!!

So we could have done this back in April?

BRILLIANT!!!

You only fuel the idiocy by replying. When people post topics like this, it's best to just sit back and ignore them.

17852[/snapback]

I wish Marv would have ignored Kelso back in the day when he was trying to figure out who to put at FS.......damn that Kelso! I used to laugh (painfully) whenever I would watch highlights of other teams passing for scores on us.......ten seconds after the guy catches the ball, here comes Helmet Head running in from the side of the television to make the play.

What the hell kinda name is Kelso's helmet anyway Keary Colbert has 8 receptions for 277 yards with 3 touchdowns in the preason.. I won't even post Evan's numbers and I know it takes 3 seasons for most guys to develop but let's not act like guys haven't came in and had great years as a rookie stop that right now, ever heard of Terry Glenn, Anquan boldin??

17864[/snapback]

During the REGULAR season, feel free to compare Colbert's and Evans' stats. But until then, shut your piehole and enjoy your 2004 Buffalo Bills.

I wish Marv would have ignored Kelso back in the day when he was trying to figure out who to put at FS.......damn that Kelso!  I used to laugh (painfully) whenever I would watch highlights of other teams passing for scores on us.......ten seconds after the guy catches the ball, here comes Helmet Head running in from the side of the television to make the play.

17871[/snapback]

It was Walt Corey's fault. Not mine and not Marv's.

It was Walt Corey's fault. Not mine and not Marv's.

17876[/snapback]

I dunno man.....I remember Marv saying that he liked Kelso cause he always knew his assignment and never made a mistake.....I always wanted to see Tasker run around back there and take some heads off man......that little guy could bring the lumber! I don't know what game it was, but I remember a game where Tasker went in motion and just LEVELED a defensive linemen. They missed out by not using that guy more often in his earlier years. They should have moved Kelso into the front office or something <_<

Mad Buff disease wtf kinda names do you guys have on here?? anyway wth do you think Evans has being playing against??? and he still can't catch a cold, and I bet you Colbert's stats will be better than Evans and he will be a no.4 receiver in that offense with Smith, Muhammad, and Proehl

Mad Buff disease wtf kinda names do you guys have on here?? anyway wth do you think Evans has being playing against??? and he still can't catch a cold, and I bet you Colbert's stats will be better than Evans and he will be a no.4 receiver in that offense with Smith, Muhammad, and Proehl

17879[/snapback]

Evans has gotten open deep for some passes, but his QB's couldn't get him the ball. And I doubt he has better stats than Evans if he's #4.

Everybody on this board is so damn optimistic about every lil damn thing it's sickening well that aint going to make us a better team, Im going to voice my concerns

17894[/snapback]

Optimistic??? What board are you reading, bro??? lol

This is easy. I know what we should have done on draft day. Not only this year, but the last several years.

We should have drafted the players that have succeeded (e.g. - Boldin) and passed on the failures. All you have to do is look at the statistics the next year and it is easy to figure out who you should have drafted. I do not get why a highly paid executive like Donohoe can not get this. I believe it is his super gigantic ego that gets in the way, so he drafts guys that will get bad statistics just so he can prove that he is smarter than everyone else or he drafts guys that are connected to Pittsburgh. What a friggin idiot!