DB Evaluation - Is this a flaw of Rex's?

Rex wasn't the GM, so it's tough to evaluate as we can only speculate how much say he had with the Jets.

Exactly, not much say from everything I've heard. That was kind of the whole problem there. Edited by SJDK

Reports also indicated that Bills had no reservations about who to take when their choice came up and Darby was there. to me that says it wasn't Rex saying, "I wouldn't mind another CB..."

I have faith in Whaley from the past couple years worth of drafts that he's not going to roll over for Rex and his demands. I agree with an earlier poster that the whole management team SHOULD be involved in the choice, and it's not rocket science to figure out where Rex places his value on the roster. But like I said, so far I don't have a whole lot to complain about in regards to draft choices made while Whaley was at the helm.

Hope Darby proves to be a valuable 2nd round pick even if it means nickel and/or ST the first year.

That is a silly sample set. Two first round picks and two sixth round picks and that's it? How about losing all the DBs that filtered through Rex's system over the years.

Even if I look at the sample,I can't ignore the situation why those guys were picked. Would the Jets have drafted Millinery if the front office kept Revis, like Rex suggested?

That's at least two statements you're "certain" about without any basis for your certainty.

In other words, your opinion.

Oh ok, it's my opinion Rex was involved in giving his input and it's my opinion Whaley makes the final call. Good lord.

how it "should be" and how it actually was may have been two different things. Unless we were there on staff we really do not know what went down. There are a few picks he has actually discussed he didn't want (Stephen Hill) and did want but didn't get (Martavis Bryant).

Draft picks arent tied to the HC unless it's someone who also has FO responsibility like Belichik, Chip, Carroll, Fisher, Reid and a few others.

Of course we aren't on the staff and don't know - and I think your point about him discussing Hill and Bryant show that in most cases unless as you stated the coach has FO responsibilities - he gives his opinions but the FO makes the final decision. I think that should be the case and probably is.