Nugent Petition

Josh

Yeah, so I got bored. If this has already been done, I apologize for posting something similar again. I felt like making a petition, so I thought just for the hell of it, a "Draft Nugent" petition sounded good. Once again, if it was done, just skip over. if not, sign your name and devote yourself to this special cause!

http://www.petitiononline.com/getnuge/petition.html

Yeah, so I got bored. If this has already been done, I apologize for posting something similar again. I felt like making a petition, so I thought just for the hell of it, a "Draft Nugent" petition sounded good. Once again, if it was done, just skip over. if not, sign your name and devote yourself to this special cause!

http://www.petitiononline.com/getnuge/petition.html

233983[/snapback]

Oh Christ

I for one have no desire to advocate that picking Nugent, even if he is the greatest kicker since sliced bread is the right thing to do untill several other shoes drop including:

1. Will the Bills get a draft pick in April for Henry when the 3/2 deadline comes?

It makes a real difference in a decision to pick Nugent whether the2nd pick is our first pick, whether we have two seconds in the first round or however it works out. I wouldn't advocate we make a particular move in April until I see what is hapenning with this.

2. What does DB do?

We should know by the early March deadline for us paying him a big bonus whether he stays or goes. If he restructures to a lower hit then getting what we need from FA is more doable and taking this flyer in the draft is more logical. If on the other hand we have to cut him then cap demand will be tight and I'm probably less likely to advocae spending a high draft pick on a kicker even though getting better kicking would help this team alot.

3, How does Nugent present at the Combine?

There is little he will do in terms of numbers like 40 times, but I am curious how he presents himself in meetings with the teams and whether he impresses folks will determine a lot about the market for him. If you have to get a 1st rounder to pick him and we still don't have one I doubt I will advocate trading up to get him.

So make mine a definite maybe in terms of picking him and signing a petition at this point.

apparently you haven't seen the last draft predictions... many experts have him going before our first pick...

234142[/snapback]

the vikings do need a kicker, but the experts i always consult on draft issues (drugstorelist.com) say he's a 4th round pick. nate keading was a the #2 pick in the 3rd round last year, so it's not inconceivable he's taken in round 2, but i don't see it.

I'd be very very nervous if our team management made their decisions based on online petitioning.

As they say, "The masses are asses"

Or

"A person is smart, people are stupid"

Let the football people do their jobs. If any of us could actually do it, we'd BE doing it.