Henry for OT Shelton

COACH85

Don't you think Shelton would be better at G? JJ is more quick/athletic, better able to handle the speed rushers while Shelton is bigger and nastier, a better fit inside.

Personally I would LOVE to see the line look like this:

Jonas (LT) Shelton (LG) Teague © CV (RG) Williams (RT)

That would be PERFECT...

of course, I still don't think the trade is likely. But dreaming is what this time of year is for!

234092[/snapback]

LJ is pretty quick and has played LT his whole college and pro career. The Cards only gave up 29 sacks 3 years ago. Their line has been decimated since but LJ is a quality LT. Either or scenerio would be great. Jonas is so versatile. He can play any position. I really hope we can resign Jonas and Pat and extend Nate

LJ is pretty quick and has played LT his whole college and pro career.  The Cards only gave up 29 sacks 3 years ago.  Their line has been decimated since but LJ is a quality LT.  Either or scenerio would be great.  Jonas is so versatile.  He can play any position.  I really hope we can resign Jonas and Pat and extend Nate

234095[/snapback]

If Shelton's cap numbers are as friendly as people suggest, it would be possible to keep JJ and P-Diddy if Moulds and Drew restructure (or get the axe).

If they managed to swing that deal, resign JJ and P-Diddy and extend Clements and I would say you have a GREAT off season.

What else would you need to accomplish (outside of the draft)?

If Shelton's cap numbers are as friendly as people suggest, it would be possible to keep JJ and P-Diddy if Moulds and Drew restructure (or get the axe).

If they managed to swing that deal, resign JJ and P-Diddy and extend Clements and I would say you have a GREAT off season.

What else would you need to accomplish (outside of the draft)?

234099[/snapback]

Your needs would be addressed and that means you can draft the highest player on your draft board every round. Those are the drafts that end up being stellar. When you draft for need you get stuck with your Traveres Tillman and Erik Flowers. When you draft your highest rated player instead you end up with your Willis Mcgahees

Your needs would be addressed and that means you can draft the highest player on your draft board every round.  Those are the drafts that end up being stellar.  When you draft for need you get stuck with your Traveres Tillman and Erik Flowers.  When you draft your highest rated player instead you end up with your Willis Mcgahees

234100[/snapback]

Absolutely. The only position I would still be leery of would be TE.

The line (both sides) would be set. The QB situation solved. The WRs are fine (despite what some people fear). The LBs are fine. And the defensive backfield would be great.

If the Bills managed to get Shelton and make the other signings, I would even change my mind about drafting Nuge! lol :lol:

Absolutely. The only position I would still be leery of would be TE.

The line (both sides) would be set. The QB situation solved. The WRs are fine (despite what some people fear). The LBs are fine. And the defensive backfield would be great.

If the Bills managed to get Shelton and make the other signings, I would even change my mind about drafting Nuge! lol :lol:

234104[/snapback]

I would love to land a big time TE. That would really help out our offense. I agree with all your assessments. Our WRs are kick ass IMO. LB and our DBs situation would be very solid. We could use depth at both. When we add depth we can draft LBs/CBs who double as special teams studs. You will love Nuge too!

You will love Nuge too!

234112[/snapback]

So I've been told! :lol:

Depth would be great and could be established in the draft. The more I think about this scenario, the more I dig it...which unfortunately means it probably won't happen because I'm always wrong :lol:

We need to get something decent for Henry and Shelton is a proven player.

We need OL help, and even more so if we don't resign Jennings.

Just a thought................................

233393[/snapback]

When was the last time a trade was made involving players for players as the main component? I think salary cap rules discourage this.

When was the last time a trade was made involving players for players as the main component? I think salary cap rules discourage this.

234200[/snapback]

both guys are going to be traded regardless, so there are no salary cap issues here that would discourage a trade.......if you trade for draft picks or other players it's still the same cap hit to get rid of them.......

in henry's case, 100K in dead money......

in shelton's case, 3M in dead money......

Here's what TD is doing right now.

He's making calls back and forth between Dallas and Az.

TD is telling Dallas he's about to trade both T.H. and Bledsoe for Shelton. In hopes that Dallas had been planning on picking Bledsoe up.

Dallas will offer a 4th round pick for Bledsoe.

TD calls Az back and says what Dallas is offering.

Az says they will throw in a 6th round pick. TD says perfect and sold.

Here's what TD is doing right now. 

He's making calls back and forth between Dallas and Az.

TD is telling Dallas he's about to trade both T.H. and Bledsoe for Shelton.  In hopes that Dallas had been planning on picking Bledsoe up. 

Dallas will offer a 4th round pick for Bledsoe.

TD calls Az back and says what Dallas is  offering.

Az says they will throw in a 6th round pick. TD says perfect and sold.

240836[/snapback]

Only problem is, Dallas won't trade for Drew. Why would they give something up knowing that the Bills will just dump him in a few weeks and they can get him for free?

Hey, I'd love to see Shelton here, but I don't think it's going to happen, at least not by trading Drew and Trav. Just a hunch though.