NFL online Mock Draft

OnTheRocks

NE pick Ben Watson tore it up in pre-season - he has WR speed - but went on IR after game 1.  I was momentarily hopeful when Taglibue started to announce the Bills trade, that it would have been done to pick Watson.  NE and CIN had a pre-season game, which the B'gals won by a wide margin (big deal), but the radio announcers were in awe of Watson's play.

233716[/snapback]

yeah...Antonio Brown tore it up in Pre-season as well...

i agree. I think Tim Anderson was a great selection. he's learning while Pat and Sam plug things up, and hopefully he puts on some pounds too. he can learn that from them off the field.

233441[/snapback]

I am not saying that PW will definitely be gone, but I think that he will. I am not totally sure that both Bannon and Anderson will return.

If PW leaves, and there is a DT out there that TD likes, I would not be at all surprised to see him take one in the 3rd or 4th round.

I still forsee us taking a cb with our first selection.

The B'gals will likely trade out of their 1st round pick and move down in that round, like last year.

I think they will pick up Munoz in the top of the second round.  His dad has the utmost respect here, well-liked by the citizens as well as the organization.

They are looking for DT help, so that could change things. They are definitely going to pursue Philly's Corey Simon, but their cap is a bit tight so it seems doubtful they could get him.

I wouldn't rule out a CIN-MIA trade involving Rudi Johnson, BTW...

233690[/snapback]

Rudi is a FA. Is Cinc going to Franchise him and then try to trade him to Miami?

That doesn't make much sense since they could spend a 2nd round pick and get TH...

Rudi is a FA.  Is Cinc going to Franchise him and then try to trade him to Miami?

That doesn't make much sense since they could spend a 2nd round pick and get TH...

233781[/snapback]

Yeah the only way to trade RJ to Miami is to make him a FP, but he's NOT a franchise RB. No one would pay him the average of the top-5 RB's AND give up a draft pick. I read that the Bengals might transition tag him instead, but they'd only get right of first refusal.

I still forsee us taking a cb with our first selection.

233766[/snapback]

I'm starting to see some fans here wanting a CB with the first pick. This has me completely baffeled. We are set at CB. We just need to sign Nate long term and forget about trying to stike it rich with a second round CB when it's offensive line we're sickenly thin at. Do you guys not like Nate or something? What gives here????

I'm starting to see some fans here wanting a CB with the first pick. This has me completely baffeled. We are set at CB. We just need to sign Nate long term and forget about trying to stike it rich with a second round CB when it's offensive line we're sickenly thin at. Do you guys not like Nate or something? What gives here????

233792[/snapback]

Not at all. I would be the happiest poster here if we to an offensive lineman with our first pick. The thing is, Winfield signed for something in the neighborhood of 6 mil. per season. Nate is clearly superior and will want and get more, either from the Bills or another team.

The Bills were never a team to allocate too much money to the cb position. Frankly, I agree with this philosophy. I do think that if they can get him for 4,5 mil per year or so, they will sign Surtain. I could see us sending Travis and a #4.

Pure speculation on my part, but it is fun. <_<

Not at all. I would be the happiest poster here if we to an offensive lineman with our first pick. The thing is, Winfield signed for something in the neighborhood of 6 mil. per season. Nate is clearly superior and will want and get more, either from the Bills or another team.

The Bills were never a team to allocate too much money to the cb position. Frankly, I agree with this philosophy. I do think that if they can get him for 4,5 mil per year or so, they will sign Surtain. I could see us sending Travis and a #4.

Pure speculation on my part, but it is fun.  <_<

233805[/snapback]

The fun has just begun.

I say split the diffence and give Nate a 5 million a year extension offer (he might bite since he would be hedging a bet against an injury that would lower his value). He's our best DB and should be paid as such. This constant rebuilding mode is getting old.

Rudi is a FA.  Is Cinc going to Franchise him and then try to trade him to Miami?

233781[/snapback]

No, the Palmer Carson contract reduces the team's options - not to the extent of Indy';s Manning, but you get the idea. And they traded down in the 1st last year and picked Michigan's Chris Perry in the 1st round (who played little - has surgery for a so-called sports hernia). They do not want TH.

Someone mentioned a transition tag - like they did with TKO. That's possible. My guess is that he'll move on, and the B'gals get a 4th round comp pick in the future.

And he's a good player - broke Dillon's carry and yardage records this year. Decent enough blocker, hands are ok but they seldom tossed the ball to him. His play was helped because CIN generally kept 2nd year FB Jeremi Johnson in the backfield, as they did for Dillon with ex-FB Lorenzo Neal and ex-FB Nick Williams (who in what I consider very insulting, changed his last name to Lachey, his biological father's surname, snubbing the man that raised him).

233792[/snapback]

Like Bill said, I would love to keep Clements, but I don't know if we can allocate the kind of funds he will probably demand.

If TD is serious about keeping Clements, he should be trying to sign him right now, before the draft. That way if we fell we cannot sign him we get a CB to replace him in the 2nd or 3rd round. (Of course, using our one 2nd round pick on Nugent)

Another positive about getting Nugent. Let's say that we sign Clements and PW to extensions. That should keep our D strong for a while. Add in a very good Nugent (FG kicking and deep kickoffs) and good punting/special teams, we could be just like the Ravens when they won the SB. The D keeps us in the game until Losman and Co. score 17 points to win. (I like that scenario)

If TD is serious about keeping Clements, he should be trying to sign him right now, before the draft.

233834[/snapback]

if TD was serious about keeping clements, he should have been trying to sign him LAST OFF-SEASON........the closer he gets to free agency the higher the price gets........