Pats coaching staff

d_wag

we know weiss and crennel will not be back in NE next year, but who else is going to end up leaving the staff??

it is heavily rumoured that crennel wants to take eric mangini (DB coach) with him to CLE to coach the defense, and will pay more then the pats will.......

there is also talk about dean pees (LB coach) being very high up on saban's wishlist in miami to fill his DC role, even though the pats may block the move altogether.......

but how great would it be if all 4 guys left the pats? i think this would have serious impact on their '05 season........people constantly point out the pats are great because of their systems and adjustments, but if belichek has to train a whole new flock it is going to put a strain on him......

I thought they gave Mangini and Scharneccia the job?

233154[/snapback]

they may have offered the jobs, but neither has accepted the position.......

mangini is expected to be offered the pats and the browns job, with a shot at the phins job as well.......given the fact kraft wouldn't pay weiss or crennel, what are the chances he will pay mangini market value? i think the browns and certainly the phins will offer much more compensation...phins have been throwing around money left and right for coaches (they gave their OL coach almost 1M - that is twice what weiss made this year as an OC)........

as far the OC job goes, i haven't heard who is the favorite, just that belichek would like to promote from within for that position as well........

dwag, i'll make any bet with you.

there will be no noticeable drop-off from the loss of their coaches. why? cuz belichick is the brains behind that operation. he sets up the pins and his assistants merely knock them down.

there will be no noticeable drop-off from the loss of their coaches. why? cuz belichick is the brains behind that operation. he sets up the pins and his assistants merely knock them down.

233239[/snapback]

i'll wait to see what happens with mangini and pees.......if one of them leaves, your on.........

Ding, thanks for playing. Belichick has been a genius for years and was one back in Cleveland. The difference is that he didn't have the coaching staff. Saban was a good DC, but those Cleveland defenses were nowhere NEAR as good as the Pats' defenses. And if they give the job to Scarnecchia, who isn't an OC by any stretch, there will be a large dropoff.

Drop a little?  The dynasty is over!  The system is falling apart and we all know that the players on the Pats are just a bunch of shmucks who are in the right system.  <_<

They're DOOMED!!!!!!!!!  <_<  :lol:

Maybe not DOOMED, but being as successful will be extremely hard for them. As "they" say, when you're at the top, there's nowhere to go but down. And when you lose 2 KEY coordinators, as well as possibly the guy who was expected to replace one of them (Mangini, who Belichick feels is the most qualified coach to replace Crennel, and has for at least a year), that's a big loss to take. Hell look at 2002 when the Pats lost NO ONE and failed to make the playoffs.

Actually, what I am most curious about is what PLAYERS Crennel could possibly take with him to Cleveland. I've been searching, unsuccessfully, for a list of Patriot free agents, particularly on defense. It happens quite a bit, as you all know, so it really begs the question: Will Crennel take any key defensive players to be his vet leader in Cleveland?

I thought they gave Mangini and Scharneccia the job?

233154[/snapback]

It's supposed to be a done deal, but they haven't made the announcement. Belichick is supposed to play in the Pebble Beach pro-am this week, so it might not be announced to next week.

By the way, Scarnechia has been with the Pats for 20 years and has coached virtually every position on both sides of the ball through 7 head coaches, and like 14 OCs. He'll do OK.

It's not like the Pats offense is so complicated that it requires a PhD to lay it out. Pretty straightforward, actually.

Actually, what I am most curious about is what PLAYERS Crennel could possibly take with him to Cleveland. I've been searching, unsuccessfully, for a list of Patriot free agents, particularly on defense. It happens quite a bit, as you all know, so it really begs the question: Will Crennel take any key defensive players to be his vet leader in Cleveland?

233743[/snapback]

The only big unrestricted free agents are Vinatieri, Andruzzi and Patten. They'll probably keep the first two guys. I think Poole is also one but he's likely gone.

Ty Law will likely be cut. His 10 million in cap space will be needed to pay the young guys. Brown is another candidate for release.

The decisions on restricted free agents are more interesting. David Givens is a big one. Stephen Neal is another.

Crennel does not have control over personnel decisions in Cleveland.

I think that Mangini and Scarnecchia are their guys. Weis signed a five year deal - it's not that they didn't pay him, but they didn't rip up his contract and give him more money. Big difference. Mangini will get what is needed to keep him.

The only big unrestricted free agents are Vinatieri, Andruzzi and Patten. They'll probably keep the first two guys. I think Poole is also one but he's likely gone. 

Ty Law will likely be cut. His 10 million in cap space will be needed to pay the young guys. Brown is another candidate for release.

The decisions on restricted free agents are more interesting. David Givens is a big one. Stephen Neal is another.

Crennel does not have control over personnel decisions in Cleveland.

I think that Mangini and Scarnecchia are their guys. Weis signed a five year deal - it's not that they didn't pay him, but they didn't rip up his contract and give him more money. Big difference. Mangini will get what is needed to keep him.

233962[/snapback]

so you think the pats will offer him over a million?

because it sounds like he will get that kind of offer from miami, and possibly cleveland.....

because it sounds like he will get that kind of offer from miami, and possibly cleveland.....

233995[/snapback]

I think they will give him what he wants - yes. Money won't be an issue. They've invested enough in developing him that they're not going to lose him over $250,000 per year.

233995[/snapback]

My fiance who is a Browns fan has heard the Browns will offer Mangini $1 million. He has also heard the Pats will not give him more than $750,000. However, Mangini is supposedly super loyal to Bellicheck and so the Browns thinks the odds are slim that they get him. My fiance thought it was probably 75% Pats, 20% Browns and 5% Dolphins.

My fiance who is a Browns fan has heard the Browns will offer Mangini $1 million.  He has also heard the Pats will not give him more than $750,000.  However, Mangini is supposedly super loyal to Bellicheck and so the Browns thinks the odds are slim that they get him.  My fiance thought it was probably 75% Pats, 20% Browns and 5% Dolphins.

234005[/snapback]

It was reported yesterday that Belichick asked Bob Kraft for more money for the assistants

I doubt Mangini goes anywhere Pees and Pepper Johnson might be gone though.