Breaking down Preston Brown's rookie yr/fit in Rex D

Wow, haven't heard that name in a long time. Having a 225lb guy trying to anchor our LB unit back in the day. My how far we have come. :thumbsup:

I had the same thought. The lb corp was once pathetic. They were simply run over by the smallest of offenses.

In that clip not only did you see solid lb play from brown. Spikes and Bradham were tossing blockers all over the place too. Beautiful

Preston Prown was SUCH a good pick.....a real feather in our Whaley's cap.

For all the crap Doug Whaley takes......most of his draft picks have been solid....it took him a while to find the right coach fit but he has it......and he has the 5th richest owner in the NFL backing him up.

His game speed really impressed me, so I decided to compare his speed with Kiko's.

40 times H Mid L

Kiko: 4.85, 4.74, 4.64

PB: 4.86, 4.78, 4.68

Not much difference there.

What is interesting is that while they have nearly the same measurables.......Brown is much more thick and shows a much better ability to shed and tackle......

Kiko is a exellent instinctive player......but he plays small on the field......too often especially towards the end of the year Kiko was getting washed out of plays because of overpursuit

While that sometimes leads to plays....it also creates big wholes. When you see Brown play....is is very fundamentally sound......he does NOT overpursue