What do you think the record will be based on QB + schedule?

What will the Bills record be this season?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Bills record will be Matt Cassel is the QB for the whole season?

• 0-16
    • 1-15
    • 2-14
    • 3-13
    • 4-12
    • 5-11
    • 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0
  2. 2. What do you think the Bills record will be if EJ is the QB for the whole season?

• 0-16
    • 1-15
    • 2-14
    • 3-13
    • 4-12
    • 5-11
    • 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0
  3. 3. How many QBs do you think will start games for the Bills this season?

CB, not all quarterbacks improve with time. Does JP Losman ring a bell? He had one decent statistical season. Or Rob Johnson (the guy I thought would be great :) )?

The Bills are a talented team, just as 1bf stated. Perhaps VERY talented. Brad Hopkins said on Sirius Radio that Manuel playing QB for the Bills is like giving a 16 year old new driver the keys to a new Ferrari. I hope he is wrong and you are correct, but are you now angry at him for thinking something?

Btw on paper, EJ IS about the same as most young qbs. He is also big, works hard, seems smart, and has the tools. But there are things about him that really do scare me, and I care more about winning than I do EJ. My hope is that the coaches make the right decision. Whatever they decide, I will support.

Do you agree or will you be livid if they go with Cassel?

- What if said 16 year old grew up around fast cars, spent his childhood excelling at cart racing, and various other lower forms of motorsport? Sure, he lacks experience, and would probably need to develop his skills behind the wheel of a Ferrari, and maybe he'll never match his previous cart success, but maybe, just maybe, it'll click after a while, and he'll prove to be successful in driving said Ferrari.

- I think most "EJ backers" care more about winning than EJ. They just see EJ as the best shot *right now* for the Bills to have long term success at the QB position, so they support him and hope for the best.

Edited by Dorkington

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that search engine google thing and found this…
“Look for this to be completed tomorrow AM, also look for EJ to be cut two days after FA opens.”

Oh I see, you are flaming.

Sorry, I don't play games with Flamers.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

EJ had a 6-8 record. The Bills upgraded big time. They replaced Marrone with Rex, Hackett with Roman, Jackson with McCoy, Chandler with Clay and "whoever" starting 2014 guard with Incognito. So your 4-12 record comes across as insulting and as you being a Manuel "hater". If that's how you feel than embrace it. Because that 4-12 prediction boldly puts you right there as nominee for president of the EJ Manuel hater club.

If Jerry Hughes was drafted in the first round as a Bill I think you would have been happy trading him away after two years because you seem to be a fan who has little patience for how long it takes college players to make it in the NFL. Your Gilmore "hating" is an example of this impatience.

Will different coaching really change anything with EJ? I know people here love to blame Marrone and Hackett for EJ's very poor play . But that is just scapegoating. Kind of like how all the JP lovers blamed bad coaching for his sub-par play during his Bills years. Yet he never became a good QB, even after his stint with the genius Jim Fassel.

Will different coaching really change anything with EJ? I know people here love to blame Marrone and Hackett for EJ's very poor play . But that is just scapegoating. Kind of like how all the JP lovers blamed bad coaching for his sub-par play during his Bills years. Yet he never became a good QB, even after his stint with the genius Jim Fassel.

Even with questions about the coaching staff's impact on EJ, how does a 6-8 QB, with the above roster improvements, get to 4-12? It seems unrealistic unless he gets *worse*.

There is function called a search engine, specifically Google, you put in your question, hit Enter and the results will be your answer.

To find what you seek, I suggest trying that.

Imo

Imo

Speaking of flaming out. Not gonna fall on the sword huh ? Does EJ still get cut or did you make that whole thing up ?

Imo

Says the guy who predicted on a Bills message board that the Bills would cut 2013 1st round pick QB EJ Manuel two days after free agency.

Don't be so upset. It seems the EJ haters have won the PR battle (totally meaningless I know...LOL). Even reasonable posters here have bought into EJ is garbage hyperbole. It's now become an exercise in looking at an ink spot and two people seeing something completely different.

It should be a fun season seeing who was right or wrong in either their support or non-support played out on the field.

I'd take that bet. EJ finishes at or worse than 4-12 and your soul is mine. I hope you're eternally confident.

Imo

Has nothing to do with confidence, but with facts. EJ has done better than that with the roster and coaches not being nearly as good as they are now. Add a little more time to mature as a QB, and time sitting behind Orton, he'll be just fine. As for the bet you never put anything up to wager and I would have to approve of said wager. Do I get your soul if EJ's record this year is better than 4-12. If so I'm... ALL IN.

Speaking of flaming out. Not gonna fall on the sword huh ? Does EJ still get cut or did you make that whole thing up ?

He will not honestly answer you. It's just not his way of doing things. He said several different things would happen. The one thing he was right about he responded to, things that were wrong he has not responded to directly. Throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks. What doesn't stick just ignore or don't answer directly. In the end that's all he had to do was say my bad or I guess I got some bad info, or something like that.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS