Who is your draft "bust" and draft "sleeper"?

Mariota wouldn't really be a "sleeper." He's projected to go as high as first overall and one of the most hyped guys in the draft...

I know where he is expected to go. Many think he will fail or be mediocre at best. I think he will be a stud. Makes him a sleeper to me.

Guess I'm saying Mariota will outshine Winston by far. IMO

Edited by BillsInMaine

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does these rankings and what makes them gospel? I remember the "experts" saying Pettigrew was the next great TE to come out of college and I'm still waiting to see it. Bell has proven to be a great athlete as he has played numerous positions at Oklahoma. I think Blake Bell will be the steal of the draft. I just hope he lands with the Bills with one of their latter picks. I hope other teams are thinking like you.

wasn't going off of rankings just giving my opinion. I liked Bell as the Belldozer but didn't see much out of him as a TE, kid is a beast though and hope he does well.

Bust: Mariota- He is definitely athletic and a good kid I just don't think he will transition well to the NFL and especially with how high he is going. Oregon runs an incredibly unique offense that is going to have virtually zero similarities to the one he has in the NFL (unless he goes to the Eagles). He will need at least 1-2 years to develop and there is no chance he is getting that.

Sleeper: Tony Lippett- watched this guy a lot the past couple of years and got better every year (and particularly the last 2). He could be a really solid #2 receiver or an even better corner with more seasoning. Just like the versatility and think he has a good attitude to be successful wherever he goes.

Also to the people who are saying Winston (and this is seriously coming from someone who hates the guys guts) have you watched him play? if you took away his personality to me he is the 2nd best college QB I have watched this past decade behind Luck. He's just such a jackass I hope he falls on his face but I really don't think he will because he just has that much natural talent and instinct.

Big Lippett fan but am very curious to see him at CB, could be another Sherman

Which hyped player do you think will be a bust in the pros?

Do you also have a guy who isn't being talked about much by the "experts" but you think will be a really good pro? Could be someone no one is taking about in media but you think will end up go higher than expected on draft day, all the way to someone who might not even be drafted.

I am not good at predicting busts but I will go with Shane Ray

Sleeper -- Michael Bennett DT

I see Winston being another Young and Griffin and Mariota being another Sanchez and Tebow. Great in the NCAA, but will flame in the NFL. Look at can't miss Johnny Football.