[closed]Terry not opposed to NFL Franchise in Toronto

Rockinon

Who cares now? But they proved they weren't ready for a NFL team and the only other Toronto team we have to go head up against, the Leafs, are a joke.

Bring it on!

I grew up just outside of Toronto and have never hesitated to say that the city doesn't deserve a NFL team. The comprehension of the game is getting better, but the support for the NFL game is, overall, very weak.

However, in today's Toronto, the Raptors have served notice and their fanbase is as educated, and more loyal, as the Leafs fanbase in their respective sport. Toronto has a massive minority population that can relate to the NBA player far better than to the NHL guys.

3 biggest markets in North America.....NY, LA and Toronto. Not about moving the Bills. I thought it was interesting about the fans in Toronto. Said there were mostly Bills fans in Ontario just across the boarder but in Toronto it's mostly a mixed bag. If they got together on a Toronto team, it could be big.

Ha - I just posted same article. Still reading it myself though.

And you were 1st. Shoot!

I grew up just outside of Toronto and have never hesitated to say that the city doesn't deserve a NFL team. The comprehension of the game is getting better, but the support for the NFL game is, overall, very weak.

However, in today's Toronto, the Raptors have served notice and their fanbase is as educated, and more loyal, as the Leafs fanbase in their respective sport. Toronto has a massive minority population that can relate to the NBA player far better than to the NHL guys.

I've gone to a few Raptors games recently and respect that fanbase.

But I don't care how bad the Bills were, they should have sold out those games if they wanted to prove they were a NFL market.

If Buffalo had that chance to get a major baseball team or NBA team, we would have packed that place.

3 biggest markets in North America.....NY, LA and Toronto. Not about moving the Bills. I thought it was interesting about the fans in Toronto. Said there were mostly Bills fans in Ontario just across the boarder but in Toronto it's mostly a mixed bag. If they got together on a Toronto team, it could be big.

And you were 1st. Shoot!

they can just be merged. It's a really good interview; touches on their approach to FA and personnel decisions too.

It would be cool having Toronto-proper (lol) fans coming to Pegulas house and rooting against the Bills. Similar to Maple Leafs, Sabres games.

My only concern, as an owner, would be support. Can the "golden horseshoe" support a local team? History and the TO series says NO.

I don't think Toronto will ever have a franchise, mainly because it's in another country, and with a completely different culture than the USA.

Imo

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.