2 turnovers, could be 5...

eball

Can't figure out why the refs didn't blow the whistle for forward progress on the fumble though. The guy was facing the wrong way with three guys on him and they didn't blow the whistle.

Overall, the refs are calling an interesting game -- not calling much of anything. I guess they're just letting 'em play.

CW

New England fans are outraged because they didn't get the holding call on Westbrook's sweep. Didn't the refs get the memo?

Pinkston making plays while Harrison is back there? That's shocking too.

And the third big surprise is what an excellent color commentator Cris Collinsworth has been. He's actually adding something to the game. Not for us football junkies necessarily, but at least he's point out some of the subtle things unlike master-of-the-obvious Madden.

New England fans are outraged because they didn't get the holding call on Westbrook's sweep. Didn't the refs get the memo?

Pinkston making plays while Harrison is back there? That's shocking too.

And the third big surprise is what an excellent color commentator Cris Collinsworth has been. He's actually adding something to the game. Not for us football junkies necessarily, but at least he's point out some of the subtle things unlike master-of-the-obvious Madden.

230067[/snapback]

The only thing that Collinsworth has said so far that irked me was on TO's 30 yard catch:

"The refs missed a big pick there, should have been called"

As a WR I would expect Chris to know that those plays, while illegal, are hardly EVER called (in fact, they are only called against Josh Reed). 0:)

but at least he's point out some of the subtle things unlike master-of-the-obvious Madden.

230067[/snapback]

Here's Madden's color on the touchdown play:

See, the receiver ran here, then BOOM, he caught it for a TD!

CW