Coaching hires and why this time is different.....

I have long felt the Bills should have been spending more on their coaches. It always seemed the opposite side of the ball struggled in regards to the head coaches offensive or defensive mind set. Jauron was firing OC's mid training camp and replacing him with dudes 3 years removed from the radio booth. Gaily hired a first time NFL DC, that he held on to for one too many years, and replaced him with a washed up Wannstedt that clearly mailed in his performance that year. Then, Marrone finally changed the pattern by bringing in Pettine. But the fail here was that the entire offensive staff had exactly zero years calling plays in the NFL.

I was reserved in my reaction to the Rex hire to see how it all shook out.

I think we are Lucky to have Pegula. We have the best staff we have had in years, on paper. Maybe ever. Maybe the best staff, on paper, in the NFL. IF we keep Hacket, we will have Three experienced Play callers on the staff, a conference championship game defensive minded HC, with a stacked D to work with. We also have a alleged QB guru, but that can be argued.

I hope they throw all ideas and resources at the two guard and two QB positions...then worry about the RB and TE.

We could be good, sooner than latter. How crazy would that be?!?!?!

While I'm still skeptical about Rex, I'm thrilled we don't have to go coach shopping in the bargain bin. That's huge! We seem willing to hire lots of them too. Sounds like they'll make a placde for Pepper or a leftover OC or anyone else who wants to join the party. No overhead worries with us. I hope the coaches work well together and it's not too many cooks in the kitchen, though.

Pegula is the best thing that could have happened to the bills......

There is only so much that Pegula can do about the salary cap (other then spend right up to it) but there is NOT cap on coaches.......

THe bills are filling with coaches with not just lots of experence....but playoff experience

Winning attitude breeds winning on the field

Pegula is the best thing that could have happened to the bills......

There is only so much that Pegula can do about the salary cap (other then spend right up to it) but there is NOT cap on coaches.......

THe bills are filling with coaches with not just lots of experence....but playoff experience

Winning attitude breeds winning on the field

I agree with this. It's amazing how the amount of coaches is expanding in the NFL. It's nice to know Pegula is obviously willing to follow this trend. He's giving Rex every opportunity to be successful.