[OT] Canseco's new book on Steroids

Chilly

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3379436

Canseco's book is coming out soon. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but this is bad for sports in general.

According to the report, Canseco claims he introduced steroids to the game and injected McGwire in the rear end numerous times in clubhouse bathroom stalls.

Canseco also describes watching Yankees slugger Jason Giambi, who admitted in grand jury testimony to using steroids, and McGwire injecting each other while both were with the Oakland A's. Canseco also says he introduced steroids to Ivan Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro and Juan Gonzalez when he was traded to the Texas Rangers in 1992.

Canseco also claims that George W. Bush had to have been aware of steroid use on the Rangers when the future President was the team's general managing partner. During the 2004 State of the Union, President Bush called for players and owners to get rid of steroids.

The one thing not in the book? A little remorse. Canseco says he would have never made it to the major leagues without steroids and says every baseball player should use them. In fact, he all but provides a how-to guide to steroids and human growth hormone.

I'll bet he did....

Was Piazza around at the time?

229956[/snapback]

Piazza didn't become the player he was until the mid-90s, so it's possible.

I think a lot of this has to do with Canseco's ego. His main priority is trying to find a buck. This isn't to say he's lying about this stuff, but it's hard for me to believe it given the source.

In one of the greatest Simpsons episodes of all time, Mr. Burns hired a bunch of MLB stars to become his ringers to win at a company baseball league. One of the shows producers was talking about how great all of the baseball players were and how much fun they were...except for one guy who he described as "an egotistical complainer". He said he couldnt name names, but this player's name rhymed with "Pose Ranseco". 0:)

The Simpsons show us the way.

Conseco is the biggest scumbag in all of sports. He is truly a piece of sh--. I remember him being interviewed on Sportscenter bragging about this book. He was rambling about racism in baseball and that his book would bring down lots of people. He kept making these ridiculous statements then saying "it will be in the book". Anyways Conseco was very hostile and the interview was conducted while Canseco was at home under home arrest. Very credible that Jose Conseco is 0:)