Jerry Hughes to Buffalo Bills: No hometown discount

Joaquin1119

He is a lunaticEverson Griffen signed a 5 year $42.5M contract coming off of a 5.5 sack season. Pass rushers (much like QBs) are at a premium and will get paid as such. Hughes will get $50M no doubt, the question is will it be the Bills or someone like Atlanta?

If Marrone ends up in Atlanta. pretty sure Hughes won't be there too. Edited by Best Player Available

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he's going to find a lot of high payers, every team knows who his teammates are, 2 all pros and a third you could call a 2nd team all pro, I think highly of Hughes, I'd offer him a 6 year 42 million dollar deal with 21 guaranteed, with the promise that if he gets a better deal he returns to buffalo to give us a matching chance.

I am hope that Marone goes to Atlanta who might be the most desprite to sign him.

Yes he should be in that 7m a year range. These people talking about Hughes getting 12 million a year are ridiculous. Mario gets about 15-16 and they arent even in the same league of player. I like Hughes and hope he gets what he deserves to set his family for life, but as a Bills fan there are 10 free agents DE every season that would make the same impact of Hughes with the big 3 next to them.

P.S. Not sure Atlanta is going to shell out for another system pass rusher like they did with Osi Umenyiora.

He is a lunatic

Everson Griffen signed a 5 year $42.5M contract coming off of a 5.5 sack season. Pass rushers (much like QBs) are at a premium and will get paid as such. Hughes will get $50M no doubt, the question is will it be the Bills or someone like Atlanta?

Everson Griffen is finally hitting his stride and is in the prime of his career. Hughes already had 3 years in Indy to prove he was an elite pass rusher. That is what they drafted the guy for in the 1st round. He was a complete bust. Lets not forget this. The Buffalo Dline saved this guy's career. The NFL is a meat market and Jerry should get every dime he can, but the Bills will move on much easier than people think if he walks. Hughes on the other hand will end up making much more money in the long term if he stays with the Bills and keeps having double digit sack years. He will NOT have those in many other places.