GOOD News on the job front

DirecTV customers who religiously pay their bills for all the services they enjoy are footing the bill for your free football games.  They have to pay $120+ a year to get them.  The fact that you got the access through an insider just means he's part of the crime as well. 

There's no difference between what you're doing and colluding with a store clerk to get $50 in change back for a $10 bill, or to look the other way while you steal an occasional six-pack.  It's still a crime and the costs are passed along to your fellow Americans.

19812[/snapback]

Wah, Wah, Wah..please...save it. My free service is not costing you or any other fool one extra penny. Get real, and get off your high horse please.

tell me this, have you ever went one mile over the seed limit? Or have you ever driven thru a yellow light, or worse yet, have you ever driven by a drive-in theater and looked at the movie while it was playing? Then OMG, you have contributed to the cost of higher insurance premiums for others, and the increased ticket price to see a movie at a drive-in theater. You dirty rotten theif.

Get the heck off your high horse, and stop throwing stones.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But of course, since everything in the above is a true statement, we shouldn't assume you're attempting to lie or deceive anyone, and in no way are you the least bit dishonest...

19834[/snapback]

try sticking to the point tommy. The point is what i said in my original post is totally true.

This Direct Tv stuff has nothing to do with that. Lighten up. :(

You are still stealing the NFL's property.  Why not buy the "Sunday Ticket?"

There is no justification?

Just admit it is wrong.

19841[/snapback]

I enjoy every single Buffalo Bills game is beautiful HDTV. Ahhh, life is great.

thank you for your concern.

You're a thief Rich and should be reported. No surprise that you manage to dismiss it. I bet if someone on public assistance got $20 extra a month and didn't return it because he/she had a kid who was hungry you'd be screaming for blood.

try sticking to the point tommy. The point is what i said in my original post is totally true.

This Direct Tv stuff has nothing to do with that. Lighten up. :(

19881[/snapback]

But it's nice to see your morally deficient definition of "honesty" is consistent across conceptual domains. Christ, you can't even be honest about being a thief...

Here's something that came thru today in a digest I get. It appears to have come from Bloomberg, but I don't have a direct link and the digest is for subscribers only. It's brief - of interest is the proportion of the "new" jobs that are in retail:

Corporations Announce Plans to Cut 74,000 Jobs in August

Large U.S. corporations announced plans in August to cut 74,150 jobs, a 7.2% decrease from a year earlier but a 6.6% increase from the month before, placement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc. said Tuesday.

August's total was the most since February, the report said. However, plans for job cuts through the first eight months of 2004 have fallen 23% compared with 2003.

The figures are not adjusted for seasonal variations, making it difficult to compare them from one month to the next, Bloomberg said.

Announced plans to hire, which Challenger tracked for the first time in May, rose to 132,105 in August from 26,880 a month earlier, Bloomberg said. The biggest additions will come from retailers, who announced plans to hire 83,450 new employees.

Corporations Announce Plans to Cut 74,000 Jobs in August

Large U.S. corporations announced plans in August to cut 74,150 jobs, a 7.2% decrease from a year earlier but a 6.6% increase from the month before, placement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc. said Tuesday.

August's total was the most since February, the report said. However, plans for job cuts through the first eight months of 2004 have fallen 23% compared with 2003.

The figures are not adjusted for seasonal variations, making it difficult to compare them from one month to the next, Bloomberg said.

Summer's over, the teachers and kids are back to school -- and these numbers are not adjusted for seasonal variation. :rolleyes:

Summer's over, the teachers and kids are back to school -- and these numbers are not adjusted for seasonal variation.  :rolleyes:

21022[/snapback]

That's true - I found the growth in retail interesting because it tends to bear out what one constantly hears, that the growth tends to be in lower-paying jobs (that is, the jobs that are lost are not being recovered by comparable jobs). So even if the 132,000 jobs to have been added in August happened, over half were retail jobs which don't replace the typically-lost white collar jobs. I guess if I had time I would cross-reference this with the BLS statistics but I'm pretty sure it would come out that yesterday's manager of 5 people at $60k a year is today's cashier at $7.00 an hour.