(OT) Dog food question

gflande1

I also remembered reading the original post and forgot what the name of the stuff AD was using.  I picked up a bag of Canadae yesterday at a health food store.  5 lb bag was $6.79 which is about what I have been paying for Science Diet at Petsmart.  I just gave my dog a little today as I like to wean him over to new foods.  But, he snarfed it up much quicker than normal.  Thanks for reminding me about it.

229502[/snapback]

Both my dogs gobble Canidae up with a little chicken broth added. We buy a 40 lb bag each time, and we don't seem to be paying much more than we did for the "cheap" stuff.

That's it Canidae.  That was what I was trying to point out when I canana.  Thanks, my bad. :P

227921[/snapback]

Canidae is a fine food. I fed the cats Felidae for a time, though I found some better.

After almost losing a cat 2 years ago to vets and drugs, I did a considerable amount of research on food and health. Good food is the best thing you can do for your animals. Dogs and cats should be living to 20-30 years of age, but too many are gone by 10-14. Why? Even the so called premium foods are bogus. Its true of animals as it is with humans. They need natural diets with hormone-free meats and as much organic ingrediants as you can find. And you will be surprised to discover that that the prices of such "super premium" foods are about the same as the so called premium ones.

The kidney deseases, the diabetis - all this stuff is promoted or caused by lousy food. Food is our pet's greatest killer. Raw is best, and generally dogs are pretty agreeable to it. Cats are another thing all together. But whatever great food you buy, not only will your animals live healthier lives, they will live substantially longer as well.

what do folks think of the "wellness" brand?  it was recommended by our dog trainer.

229552[/snapback]

My wife is currently feeding the cats Wellness, and its highly recommended by the pet store we frequent. Unfortunately, she does not listen well when I explain to hear that it is at best 3-4 on the list. It just doesn't have the quality of some of the ingrediants found in other brands. ....Sigh... Well, I guess the fact the cats like half of them is the bigger factor.