Watkins in the backfield?

Bocephuz

I thought Mike McCarthy putting Randall Cobb in the backfield in the second half was a bold/effective move. I believe they handed off to him ( for a run up the middle) once, had him motion out for a screen pass .. and then motion out for a normal route.

This is the kind of progressive thinking I would love to see from Hackett and co.

Sammy Watkins seems like a perfect fit for this type of thing. He excels at YAC and is big enough to absorb the hits he would take from the backfield.

The only thing that would make me pause is the potential for him fumbling.

Obviously this would be a limited package. Maybe 3 or 4 snaps of him lining up in the backfield per half in this formation? What does everyone else think?

Love it. Anyway they can get the ball in his hands. Screens, end arounds, backfield packages. If we can't get him involved in the passing game then find a way to get him touches.

Watkins?

I'll settle for a fullback, 3 wide, and no TE. That's right. ..a full back. What a cutting edge concept!

Anything to keep Lee Smith and a line of 7 blockers we just slam into creating 7 in the box (often 8 bc the SS cheats bc we're predictable) off the field and to spread it out, force the D to decide to keep 3 LBS on the field or 2.

Is Summers alive?

Well...that's that. Waived