Anyone who thinks J.P. is ready.....

canbuffan34

I agree with canbuff, with one caveat. If JP truly looks great in the preseason give him a shot.

But Pennington and McNair both sat for TWO years, not one. I have no problem with JP sitting for a year and Bledsoe being the starter. In fact, I'd prefer it. I think with some of the D game plans we're gonna see, JP may end up more dazed and confused than good. It may destroy his confidence and then we're up ***** creek.

With Bledsoe, you at least know what you are getting and our coaches can get the best out of him. As to bringing another bvet to be caretaker for a year, I think the idea has no merit. Drew Brees would not be caretaker. Guys like Warner or Garcia have less left than Bledsoe, and I don't want to wait till they learn the system. Its Bledsoe then JP in my opinion.

OK, OK I am starting to see that Bledsoe is a tough sell on you guys, I just hope to God that I'm just being skeptical if/when J.P. is named the starter! If we get to the playoffs next year with him, I will be eating some delicious crow! ha!  :doh:

227118[/snapback]

It is not like Bledsoe has led the bills to the playoffs ever. So start eating now

we might not make the playoffs next year with him . thing being if we don't start him we will be in the same boat next year . you have to give him the chance to make this his team and it might take 2 or 3 years to do it . if you do not start him this year then all you do is push off the change over and the time it takes to make this his team . you need to get him in there with the young guys LE and WM to get this change started .

It is not like Bledsoe has led the bills to the playoffs ever.  So start eating now

227124[/snapback]

Not that I'm comparing Bledsoe to Elway in any way, but how far did he get before Terell Davis came along and their o-line became known as the lightest, best in the league during their run? :doh:

we might not make the playoffs next year with him . thing being if we don't start him we will be in the same boat next year . you have to give him the chance to make this his team and it might take 2 or 3 years to do it . if you do not start him this year then all you do is push off the change over and the time it takes to make this his team . you need to get him in there with the young guys LE and WM to get this change started .

227126[/snapback]

Exactly my point in my original post about the age of the defence and how they don't have another 2-3 years at the level they are at now!!! :doh:

drew will not get us to the playoffs. make the change so JP can get in the grove with all the young players .

227137[/snapback]

I will admit Mead, I've only seen Bills games on t.v. where you only see where the pass goes as opposed to where it should have gone. I can assume that because you're not willing to even consider Drew at Q.B. for next year that you've seen him play in person. Ha! Ha! :doh:

Canbuffan made some valid points about why it might not be time to put in Losman. Keep in mind that Losman had less than half a year of practice time. Without him being out there physically thowing the ball in practice, it will be hard for him to complete those passes in actual games.

But Bledsoe is not the answer. If you want a veteran starter--which is not a bad thing to want--there are other QBs to whom you can turn. QBs who have higher ratings than Bledsoe, and who can be signed for lower salaries. QBs like Kurt Warner!

227057[/snapback]

Warners throws would die like wounded ducks in the winds at the Ralph. He has 0 arm. At his best he was a west coast QB who could not throw the long ball. If we signed him, we may as well trade Evans because Warner could never in a million years get the ball to him.

First things first,

let's dump Drew! :(

227112[/snapback]

I think dumping Drew is actually TD's second choice from what I see and his first choice is having Bledsoe take a paycut to a back-up level salary and then he and JP fight it out in mini-camp and pre-season.

If this is the case it is a question of whether YOU and other Bills fans trust in the judgment of MM/Clements/Wyche or not.

If they judge Bledsoe to be out best shot at winning if your trust 'em then fine. If they judge JP as giving us our best shot then they will need to be sure that Bledsoe is going to continue to be the teamer he as in NE and not a cancer.

For me, I am happy to let them make their personal judgment about this because I and all other fans cannot know what is in Drew's head. The default would have to be he was a teamer under the worst of circumstances for a competitive player after the AFC championship and outside of his pronouncement that this was his team I do not think there are any real world reasons to assume against this default. Those who claim that of course he will logically throw a hissy-fit if passed over probably say more about what is important to them and their own immaturity than they do about Bledsoe.

As far as things I can see objectively in the real world the question is:

Can Bledsoe deal with being passed over and play a positive nurturing role for the youngster who took his job and successfully perform the back-up role if called upon>

Who knows for sure as this would all be by choice rather than Mo Lewis triggering these events so its a different case in many ways though Bledsoe was healthy and did the right things around the AFC championship that year.

My first choice would be Bledsoe taking the back-up money and there being a fair battle between Bledsoe and JP on the field. I trust MM and company to make the right choice even if that chpice were B;edsoe rather than our QB of the future.