F-ing JP , should of, could of, would of...

Pete

I get so tired reading year after year all these people complaining because of "would of, could of should of's". Guess what the draft is a crap shoot and teams hit and teams miss. The Bills have hit more than they have missed in the last 3 years. You could say "wow" we picked up Kyle Williams in the 5th round or we got a starting right tackle in the last round in the 2014 draft but it is always more fun to be a critic. Instead of saying we missed on what some are saying could be the best QB ever in Rodgers you should say "wow" 23 teams missed on him. Hell even Seattle missed on Russell Wilson for 2 rounds. Every team had more than one shot to grab him but it is fun to say the Bills missed on him. The QB position is such a roll of the dice situation. I would rather take a chance on a QB after the second round then to grab a QB in round 1 or 2 anyways. This Mariota kid is a one read thrower like Manuel was in college. Like EJ he shows all the intangibles but if he can't read a defense were in trouble and he hasn't proved he can yet. He might be able to learn this crucial part to being a QB but do you want to chance that even if we had a first round pick, not me.

no, it's more fun to be a fan of a winner which has been impossible in part because of lousy drafting.

i'm not sure why everyone is so convinced whaley is an upgrade. i don't feel that's warranted yet. many here give him credit for the good picks but absolve him of the bad and blame nix.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, it's more fun to be a fan of a winner which has been impossible in part because of lousy drafting.

i'm not sure why everyone is so convinced whaley is an upgrade. i don't feel that's warranted yet. many here give him credit for the good picks but absolve him of the bad and blame nix.

I guess everyone is able to share their opinion but the bottom line is you have to somehow find a QB or it doesn't matter how you draft. I think Whaley has a done a very credible job and I would hate to lose him but if this franchise doesn't get a QB soon then GM's and coaches will continue to get fired because without the guy behind center you cannot win consistently in this league. We are strong in so many areas now we need a QB. The Patriots have had medicore teams and so have the Packers, Saints, Colts and before this season the Bronco's. The thing is though they all have great QB's and will win more often then they lose. The Saints are crumbling this year but watch how fast they bounce back because they have a QB. The Bronco's went to the Super Bowl with an average defense last season. The Patriots play offense with new has beens every year but keep it rolling. Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

I guess everyone is able to share their opinion but the bottom line is you have to somehow find a QB or it doesn't matter how you draft. I think Whaley has a done a very credible job and I would hate to lose him but if this franchise doesn't get a QB soon then GM's and coaches will continue to get fired because without the guy behind center you cannot win consistently in this league. We are strong in so many areas now we need a QB. The Patriots have had medicore teams and so have the Packers, Saints, Colts and before this season the Bronco's. The thing is though they all have great QB's and will win more often then they lose. The Saints are crumbling this year but watch how fast they bounce back because they have a QB. The Bronco's went to the Super Bowl with an average defense last season. The Patriots play offense with new has beens every year but keep it rolling.

do you blame the bills failure to obtain a franchise qb on bad luck? the other teams success on good luck?

In 2004, we traded our second round pick(could of been Darnell docket, bob sanders, etc) and our 2005 first round pick to trade up for JP. Well that 2005 1st pick was 20th overall. Aaron Rogers was drafted 24th. !@#$ you tom donahoe

Normally I don't get caught up in this stuff, but I agree. We had Bledsoe, there was ZERO reason to trade up for JP.