The loss the O hasn't recovered from

Dan III

Seems to be slim pickings. Westbrook will cash in as an RFA. The Eagles will be forced to match any offer. Any opinions on the rest ?

226416[/snapback]

J. R. Redmond might be a good 3rd down back, he had a career high 32 catches last season. I also posted in another thread that if the rumors of the Vikings having any interest in Henry that we should ship Henry to Minny for Mewelde Moore and low (5th/6th) pick. Of course I thought Jonathan "Fast Freddie" Smith was going to end up with this role during the preseason when we had him listed as a HB on the preseason roster.

I'll agree Centers was a nice player to have. He filled that role perfectly. I'm not sure that the O is THAT bad off w/out Centers, however. I still say the Bills never found adequate replacements for Ballard and Woolford and the franchise has struggled offensively ever since. We've tried so many linemen and the results have been less than fruitful. Our current tackles have finally shown some promise for the first time in many years. Hopefully we can keep them both around long enough to find out if we've really got something. :(

Couldn't agree more, Dan. I was just looking at the Free Agent list yesterday, with that in mind.

http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/...asp?Position=RB

Seems to be slim pickings. Westbrook will cash in as an RFA. The Eagles will be forced to match any offer. Any opinions on the rest ?

226416[/snapback]

Real slim. If we don't get lucky and find a cap casualty, Amos is probably the best of the bunch. Zereoue has averaged 40 catches and 7.5 yds per catch the last 3 years.

He'd be a much better pass catcher if Drew would put some touch on the ball and throw it to him accurately in a more timely manner.  When a QB throws a 4 yard pass at about 85% velocity and you have to get your hands in front of your face to catch it, there are going to be problems.

226331[/snapback]

Ah common ground. Drew's lack of touch with the short game is almost comical except I'm not laughing. It's cost us plenty.